Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (May 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 643761

D
If he fails, it will likely be after 5 years of poaching “our recruits”.

Ayo? who else has been "our recruit" and still come here? in today's climate it seems that these localized connections are pretty far down on the list of importance.

illini55

The Villages, FL
Howard has no college coaching experience or no head-coaching experience. That will likely be precedent setting if he is successful.
More likely, IMO, is that history/precedent suggests that he will not be successful.

illini80

Forgottonia
Ayo? who else has been "our recruit" and still come here? in today's climate it seems that these localized connections are pretty far down on the list of importance.
The reason for the parenthesis. I’m just saying he will recruit Chicago very well and take players we wanted even if he fails as a head coach, which I doubt.

illini80

Forgottonia
Burnett and Steward would not be a bad start.
Next year is a huge recruiting year for us. That’s one of the reasons I’m concerned about having unfilled rides now. Hitting a few more targets this year would have taken some of the pressure off the 20 class.

Deleted member 654622

D
The reason for the parenthesis. I’m just saying he will recruit Chicago very well and take players we wanted even if he fails as a head coach, which I doubt.
Piper on the radio mentioned a Rivals article about which recruits Howard should prioritize. Number 1, Adam Miller.....

Piper on the radio mentioned a Rivals article about which recruits Howard should prioritize. Number 1, Adam Miller.....

This makes me think were going to miss out on all the A tier recruits and then because we haven't been recruiting B guys like the Chaminade kid we are going to end up with a lot of open spaces to take a lot of fliers.

Hope that's not how it plays out

This makes me think were going to miss out on all the A tier recruits and then because we haven't been recruiting B guys like the Chaminade kid we are going to end up with a lot of open spaces to take a lot of fliers.

Hope that's not how it plays out
Just because Howard might prioritize him doesn't mean he is going there....I have no worries about Miller's recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.