Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (August 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I visited ASU's campus when I was 17 during my pre-college visits with my fam. And to this day, I still remember these "sights". Literally the best "sights" in all the land.

I visited during the my senior year of college so I basically thought I knew everything there was to know about the "sights ' by then. I quickly realized I didn't know anything. And come to think about it I still don't.

Last edited:

Joseph Kerr

Fort Wayne, IN
I visited during the my senior year of college so I basically thought I knew everything there was to know about the "sights ' by then. I quickly realized I didn't know anything. And come to think about it I still don't.

I would love to live in Champaign, it is my favorite city to live in, great food, great Christmas feel, not too big, not too small, and I love the Illini. Arizona has rocks for lawns, dry heat as they shove you in an ambulance, and a dam....yeah, blocked water...

sacraig

The desert
I would love to live in Champaign, it is my favorite city to live in, great food, great Christmas feel, not too big, not too small, and I love the Illini. Arizona has rocks for lawns, dry heat as they shove you in an ambulance, and a dam....yeah, blocked water...

I don't know what most of this means, but I sure do enjoy not having to mow my rocks, and 105 here feels honestly nicer than 90ish in the Midwest.

I still miss home, but I definitely don't hate it here, either.

We recruiting Arizona weather? Or is this just this biggest tangent ever?

The rotating door of topics here includes the state of Arizona, athleticism and its many interpretations, is Fletch making our players too bulky, a number of recycled jokes (albeit great ones), the list goes on. Also a lotta birthdays coming up next month.

breadman

Herndon, VA
104? Ha! Try 112.... with scorpions, tarantulas, mountain lions, gila monsters....(MONSTERS?)....., africanized bees, coral snakes, rattlesnakes, centipedes, Sonoran desert toads, blister beetles, Conenose bugs, jaguars.....aaaaaaaaaaand haboobs.

I'll gladly tolerate my 1 blizzard per year while avoiding the south/west side!

Edit: Recruiting....Alas ASU has smoking hot college chicks.

And don't forget that those haboobs are always in danger of exploding from instantaneous comBUSTion!!

sacraig

The desert
And don't forget that those haboobs are always in danger of exploding from instantaneous comBUSTion!!

giphy.gif

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Illini will bring in Holy Cross transfer Jacob Grandison for an official visit beginning on Friday. 6'6 perimeter player who can make shots. Sit one to play two.
The 2020 class is crucial. But 'get old & stay old' looks to be in effect too.
https://twitter.com/DPiper247/

Not really understanding this OV. Am firmly behind our staff, but this is puzzling, especially after landing Hutcherson. Anyone care to clue me in?

the national

the Front Range
Not really understanding this OV. Am firmly behind our staff, but this is puzzling, especially after landing Hutcherson. Anyone care to clue me in?

I think it’s as simple is this kid has talent and our staff wants a closer look. After a few years where shooting is streaky, I think our staff wants shooters. We are certainly trying to collect them.

Illini will bring in Holy Cross transfer Jacob Grandison for an official visit beginning on Friday. 6'6 perimeter player who can make shots. Sit one to play two.
The 2020 class is crucial. But 'get old & stay old' looks to be in effect too.
https://twitter.com/DPiper247/
It's like stacking OL in football, they're better able to help as Jrs. At 6'6" especially if they can shoot 3's, second yr of Kofi, should open things up. They just have to be B1G type players though. Plus already a year in the system.

Last edited:
You can definately see where BU/staff are headed here....next year possibly we have TF with Miller(?), another new PG and Griffin/Williams/Jones/Hutcherson/(Grandison) all on the wings with my guess at least 1-2 Bigs added?

Grandison is a product of Bill Carmody, The Princeton Offense and last place in Patriot League/Holy Cross. What's there not to like about that trio.

I have to agree with you about it being puzzling. I see a little of the wisdom of some experience already, but sure seems like a duplicate of Hutcherson & giving up on some greater potential talent. Maybe some of the thinking now is that if transferring is going to be so popular, why not get some guys that already done that part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.