Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (August 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. He’s most likely looking for a place where he can play some good minutes as a freshman and take over in year 2. Also a place with solid guards and wings so that the team around him can win. Illinois guards in 2020 are a question mark, and we have no proven wing players. Both Tevian and Giorgi haven’t proven themselves at that position yet. I think it’s a tough sell to get Kalkbrenner unless you can show continuity in the backcourt and convince him there’s a spot for him with Kofi.
knock knock ...who's there...Trent Frazier, Allan Griffin and Damonte Williams ...plus ???

Kalkbrenner starts a series of UV's today at Cincinnati, moves up the road to Columbus on Sunday and then off to Purdue on Monday and ends with NW on the 7th.

Hearing Hutcherson is committing soon. Really enjoyed the visit. I think he would be a great addition. Staff is confident. Ready to get this done and head to Italy. :shield:

Also, heard that Cam’Ron Fletcher is heading to UK. Plans to announce within the next week for sure, possibly could be today.

UK likely going to end with Jalen Green, Josh Christopher, BJ Boston, Cam’Ron Fletcher, and Isaiah Todd.

Really glad Mizzery didn’t get him. Mizzery is gonna wind up missing on all their top targets. With 2 of them headed to UK and Love likely heading to UNC. Not a good look.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 3.43.36 PM.png

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
Assuming he's still going to have to sit out a year like normal transfers, correct?

Last edited:
Love that he's going to be practicing, learning and working with Fletch for a year before he's unleashed. New guards corps off to a good start. C'mon, Miller!
I love that he is a tall 3 or 2 and can shoot. I hate to say it but I want guys that I couldve seen playing for Belien at scuM. He and some others we have added in the past year or two fut that mold. I just hope they continue to grow.

I could careless that he is a D3 guy. To shoot almost 40% from 3 putting them up often, contested, and from everywhere. He also appears to be a better FT shooter than anyone on currently our team at 89%. IHe shot these percentages playing 35 minutes a game too, that says something to me. I am very excited about this addition. I love we beat out ND, Crieghton. and a fellow quality B10 team like Marylard! Go Illini!

Last edited:
How
Sit one, play two. Gives him the year to develop, see how he completes in scrimmages. It's not like that Schollie was going to get used otherwise. It's a smart play by the coaches.
This may be a dumb question . Soon can he enroll? Is he playing up there this year or is he enrolling asap and sitting out in 19? I assume asap. I wish he could hustle and go to Italy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.