Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (August 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope he hates the heat. Forecast for Tempe on the 28th is a high of 104F.

104 here is the same or better than 85-90 in Chicago with how much humidity? Either way he is not going to ASU...sun and school, fun and girls...something to see here, nothing to see here....stay away from clickbait Evans...lol

I am pretty confident on Miller. He is cutting down to 6 pretty soon, then will cut it to 3 is what I have heard. Unless something changes, I heard it would come down to Louisville, Illinois, and Arizona State. Neither of them scare me with Miller. Louisville will end up with probably end up with a combo of Love Scrubb or Love Stone....ASU who cares he ain't going there!

Watson needs to focus on the academics, then he can focus on recruiting. Would love to have him if he can get cleared. Would love to have him as well....think he would be a great complimentary guard, 4yr, major contributor by time done.

Curbelo landed a Kansas offer today, they will be a player for him for sure. Especially when they miss on Miller, Love, and others. Think Curbelo stays clsoe to family/friends/comfort...he stays in the East I believe.

Kalkbrenner has taken a lot of visits recently. Not too worried about him either. He really likes Stanford, but Stanford likes Ben Carlson more than Kalkbrenner and Kalkbrenner doesn't want to be the 2nd best big in a class. Not as high on this kid as most, although I think he will be an above average NCAA player, NBA??? doubt it.

Staff likes Karim Mane, hopefully they can get him on campus. I think he could be a great piece if we miss on Curbelo.
High probability that this kid goes PRO, the hype is such that it is a real liklihood. Don't see him with Illnois regardless.

LOL, for sure., Badgers were 14-6 and 4th in the B!G last year.

Well, you can thank Happ for a lot of that. Wisconsin should be fine this year, but taking a step back without him isn't out of the question. Happ had a crazy high usage rate and is a unicorn of a stat-stuffer. Some Big10 projections have Wisconsin ranked behind us, so it's not that nuts.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
104 here is the same or better than 85-90 in Chicago with how much humidity? Either way he is not going to ASU...sun and school, fun and girls...something to see here, nothing to see here....stay away from clickbait Evans...lol

104? Ha! Try 112.... with scorpions, tarantulas, mountain lions, gila monsters....(MONSTERS?)....., africanized bees, coral snakes, rattlesnakes, centipedes, Sonoran desert toads, blister beetles, Conenose bugs, jaguars.....aaaaaaaaaaand haboobs.

I'll gladly tolerate my 1 blizzard per year while avoiding the south/west side!

Edit: Recruiting....Alas ASU has smoking hot college chicks.

Because all those guys have high level athleticism. GB and Happ are not jumpers, they are not fast. You must either be an elite athlete or a good shooter to make in today's NBA.
Happ yes but definitely don't agree on Giorgi on athleticism. Maybe not elite jumper but definitely a very high level athlete with both hand and feet coordination.

104? Ha! Try 112.... with scorpions, tarantulas, mountain lions, gila monsters....(MONSTERS?)....., africanized bees, coral snakes, rattlesnakes, centipedes, Sonoran desert toads, blister beetles, Conenose bugs, jaguars.....aaaaaaaaaaand haboobs.

I'll gladly tolerate my 1 blizzard per year while avoiding the south/west side!

Edit: Recruiting....Alas ASU has smoking hot college chicks.

Your a Haboob....I jest I jest.....easy Francis...lol and yes smoking hot is right.

https://www.tempe12.com/files/2013/08/Hot-Brunett-ASU-Coed-2.jpg

Unless Evans provides some insight beyond Miller's upcoming OV, this is clickbait.

Not sure if the CB change had anything to do with Evans' time spent at California's Nike Skills Camp last week and the fact that Miller and Mike Irvin were there.

Bailey

Los Angeles
Live in Phoenix.

voGMGTr.jpg

sacraig

The desert
Remember.......a CB pick for Illinois = good insider information.

A CB pick for somebody else = obviously just a wild arse guess.

:)

Unpopular truth: they're nearly all wild-arse guesses until just before the commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.