Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllFanInMi

I
Explains why he isn't listed on the DePaul Basketball Roster page.

Entered THE PORTAL last week. Very odd, played well on their Italy trip and probably would have started for them. I can’t wait to hear the story as to what happened. Either Clownzo up to more of the same, or he’s just got such a soft spot for troubled Big Men.

He would’ve been eligible in November at DePaul due to enrolling a while back, not sure when he would be now. What a dumpster fire

altgeld88

Arlington, Virginia
Coleman Hawkins just sounds like an Illini players name.

Completely agree. Given his stature I hope he helps BU snatch that Coltrane kid in NC away from Duke & NC, and land the four-star Canadian recruit Oscar Peterson, who's talented at the bottom of the keys. There's this 10th grade phenom in Alton who apparently really looks up to him. Miles Davis; they'll play beautifully together some day. And Art Blakey from the 'Burgh. Killer on the rims. Pitt's kinda down these days so we have a shot at him.

The groove that team would have. We'll call them "Kind of (Orange and) Blue." Not as flashy as the Flyin' Illini but masters of improvisation.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Completely agree. Given his stature I hope he helps BU snatch that Coltrane kid in NC away from Duke & NC, and land the four-star Canadian recruit Oscar Peterson, who's talented at the bottom of the keys. There's this 10th grade phenom in Alton who apparently really looks up to him. Miles Davis; they'll play beautifully together some day. And Art Blakey from the 'Burgh. Killer on the rims. Pitt's kinda down these days so we have a shot at him.

The groove that team would have. We'll call them "Kind of (Orange and) Blue." Not as flashy as the Flyin' Illini but masters of improvisation.
I get it. Jazz.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
In other news, Adam Miller bumped up 4 spots to #26 in the latest Rivals 150 for the 2020 class. He's the highest ranked 4* on the list. The top 25 are 5* recruits.

1567649259642.png

I am def down..." Come on baby let the good times roll..."

Illini make the Top 7 for Jaylin Williams along with Arkansas, OK State, Iowa State, Auburn, UCONN, Texas A&M.

Staff really likes him, I really liked him when I saw him in Indy. He was way better than I thought he was going to be.

Definitely on the outside looking in with him though. OK State, Auburn, Arkansas out front.

https://247sports.com/Article/Jaylin-Williams-top-7-recruiting-135179048/

How do you know that we're on the outside looking in? Info or gut feeling?

Last edited:

Beiderbecke out of Davenport seems like a guy we let slip to Wisconsin only to have him haunt us for years.

Soulberries

University of Illinois
I feel sorry for the announcers who have to call our games, if he comes here.

Better get used to it. Illinois has the second largest international enrollment among public universities in the US. It's only fitting that the basketball team reflect that.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Better get used to it. Illinois has the second largest international enrollment among public universities in the US. It's only fitting that the basketball team reflect that.
Did not know that. Source? Also, who's #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.