Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to do with you, but I hate those click-for-the-next-on-the-list articles. And hate is being nice, lol.

Like Writing Illini, which barely passes for writing at all anyway. Most of that is regurgitated material from sites, or strictly subjective dreaming of what might be? Either way barely worthy of click, click, click...especially hate the what our lineup would look like...with a player we never get or have a realistic chance of getting. LOL

After this last recruiting cycle running through 60+ misses, is there a reason I should be excited about our "priority" targets? We don't seem to land very many of them, and that must stretch our recruiting resources a lot thinner.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
I don't know why, but I have a good feeling about Curbelo. I'm thinking we end up with him, Miller and then either Ruzentsev, Hawkins or someone not on the radar.
How nice would it be if that happened? Throw Mr. Key in there, too. I just want us to have a class mostly wrapped up before the end of the year one of these days - you know, like how we used to do it and how 90% of schools still do it.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Don't know squat about Key, but if recruiting him helps with Curbelo, have at it!

Jake@jakeweingarten · 1h

Kansas has extended an offer to four-star premier defender, Ryan Kalkbrenner, a source told @Stockrisers. Will meet with Stanford and Purdue later this week. KU staff met with him today.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
How nice would it be if that happened? Throw Mr. Key in there, too. I just want us to have a class mostly wrapped up before the end of the year one of these days - you know, like how we used to do it and how 90% of schools still do it.
A class of Miller, Curbelo, Key, and Ruzentsev would be a 247 Composite score of 64.34, which would have been good enough for #16 in the country in 2019. We should be ecstatic about that class.

Don't know squat about Key, but if recruiting him helps with Curbelo, have at it!

As an impressive list of suitors, plenty of video, although to me he seems like a less aggressive version of Black although maybe more of a scorer.

A class of Miller, Curbelo, Key, and Ruzentsev would be a 247 Composite score of 64.34, which would have been good enough for #16 in the country in 2019. We should be ecstatic about that class.

So .......... Is this part of a creaning plan?

I think R gets a committable offer.

Key seems to be a back-up plan.

Last edited:
If Verdunk turns out as good as many here seem to indicate, this year's class will be great because it fills our needs. Not going to critique when they sign them. Miller and Curbelo and a player to be signed later would be great for next year and really don't care about the ratings.

So .......... Is this part of a creaning plan?

I think R gets a committable offer.

Key seems to be a back-up plan.

My impression was that we had 2-3 spots depending on Kouma. Miller/Curbelo would be the clear front runners as the position of greatest need. I’d love to land both followed by Griffin in 2021. Is also love to have Kouma play 2 at Juco and come to a illinois in 2021. That way we could add R in 2020.

I dont think R commits here. Also a couple families that aren't happy about Jamall's "promotion '

About time families realize that Illinois is bigger than individual entities.

Wow. Really hope you're not in recruiting circles. That attitude would go over like a lead balloon.

0440 was simply passing along some info on the move, not endorsing it. And even if you agree with the move, that doesn't mean you should ignore how it effects existing relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.