Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samson committed? I saw the CB just not the commitment. That kid will end up being very very good.

Just found it....thanks for the update. Florida is a much better choice than Ole Miss for basketball.

Last edited:

illini80

Forgottonia
Miller’s camp have mentioned a couple of times that Adam wants to pursue a 1 and done career. Surprisingly, i hear that Miller feels pretty confident that Illinois is a good path towards that.
I don’t know much about what makes Adam Miller tick. I’m sure he’s seen that Ayo had a pretty clear road to the NBA this year if he had chosen to pursue it. If he does pick us, I hope he also chooses to stick around for a couple of years. I’m quite confident we will see a very different player in Ayo than what we saw his freshman year.

Ayo was better than advertised imo as a freshman and yet struggled....overall I think he was ahead of Miller in almost all aspects other than possibly shooting when he came to Illinois and he will have been here 2 years.

I really like Miller game and think he is as near a "must get" as there is to continue the building of this program to where we all want it...just not sure I see 1 and done from a 6-4 combo/point guard at this point.

I hope he chooses us and proves me wrong in that assessment in the process, if he does however, our 2021-2022 guard talent will be seriously depleted.

illini80

Forgottonia
Ayo was better than advertised imo as a freshman and yet struggled....overall I think he was ahead of Miller in almost all aspects other than possibly shooting when he came to Illinois and he will have been here 2 years.

I really like Miller game and think he is as near a "must get" as there is to continue the building of this program to where we all want it...just not sure I see 1 and done from a 6-4 combo/point guard at this point.

I hope he chooses us and proves me wrong in that assessment in the process, if he does however, our 2021-2022 guard talent will be seriously depleted.
Agree on all points.

Not if we've just sent 2 guards to the league 2 yrs in a row! 3 with Frazier.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
Has anyone heard anything recently about AJ Griffin or Max Christie? Looking ahead to 2021 since Nutt brought up Hopkins.

Status
Not open for further replies.