Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methinks any combo or shooting guard would be salivating to play with Curbelo.
One would think....!

(Agh. The waiting is the hardest part)

1573761109189.jpeg

I think Miller visits Michigan for the experience and respect for Juwan Howard. Past NBA players without previous coaching experience have not done well at High Div 1 level. I don't think Miller takes that chance and also only being offered after Burnett turned them down. Also talk of the 5*PF playing bball overseas instead of going to Michigan.

The day of the announcement is set, I don't think he does a last minute change on the fly.

Deleted member 4960

D
Any word on Underwood talking about Hawkins anytime soon?

I sincerely hope so. AC has a huge shadow.

The best passing guard in the nation. Who makes others better.

Someone with handlers, a few years into college, may not be able to chew on that.
With all due respect to BU, he has a tendency to overstate things. Finke was an "elite" shooter, DM is an "elite" defender, yada, yada, yada....

Not saying that AC doesn't deserve high praise for his HS accomplishments, but to throw Steve Nash's name in there as a comp....BU needs to pump the brakes.

With so many "elite" and "unique" players on the roster....you'd think we'd win more.

With all due respect to BU, he has a tendency to overstate things. Finke was an "elite" shooter, DM is an "elite" defender, yada, yada, yada....

Not saying that AC doesn't deserve high praise for his HS accomplishments, but to throw Steve Nash's name in there as a comp....BU needs to pump the brakes.

With so many "elite" and "unique" players on the roster....you'd think we'd win more.

Agreed. "Elite" is his go-to word. Also, I'll do the honors for TC to point out that Underwood also compared Mark Smith to Jason Kidd....so there's that, too.

I think Miller visits Michigan for the experience and respect for Juwan Howard. Past NBA players without previous coaching experience have not done well at High Div 1 level. I don't think Miller takes that chance and also only being offered after Burnett turned them down. Also talk of the 5*PF playing bball overseas instead of going to Michigan.

The day of the announcement is set, I don't think he does a last minute change on the fly.
Since he can't then sign until the Spring, whatever he says is not binding in any way. His prerogative, but his announcement is just theater. Even with that, I hope he says Illinois. He's waiting to see how things play out, I really see no reason for him to have any announcement.

Well, not my original thought, but if your happiness is dependent upon an 17-18 year old's choice of his college preference (at the moment), then you're really in trouble in life.

illini80

Forgottonia
Well if Miller is making the Michigan visit, that’s it. He’s making it because that’s where he really wanted to go. I think we’re cooked.
I think he really likes Howard, but I’m not sure it’s any more than that. Unless the crystal balls start flipping that way, I don’t think there is that much to it. We will know shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.