Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacraig

The desert

I tried to Magic Eye this and... ouch.

fDLfM20.gif

Even though everything was pointing at ILL for AC was anyone else thinking there would a total Illinois move it be a Miami hat?

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
“My connection with the players, the campus , the fans, my relationship with coach Underwood," Curbelo told Rivals.com about why he picked Illinois. "How the staff develops their players, the culture and a chance to get a great education from a great academic school.”

They must have been communicating via text, memes, and sign language, because there is no way Brad was talking to him./s

Great get.

Deleted member 4960

D
Welcome Andre! This is awesome news!

They must have been communicating via text, memes, and sign language, because there is no way Brad was talking to him./s

Great get.
Shocked when Curbelo referenced his relationship with Coach Underwood rather than his relationship with Coach Antigua, who obviously is responsible for Curbelo's signing with the ILLINI. Nonetheless, maybe Brad deserves at least some credit from his critics for actually developing a relationship with Curbelo that may have helped seal the deal.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Also, via the 247 Class Calculator if we got Miller on board we'd be at a 58.91 class score which would put us (currently) with the #7 class in the country and top in the B1G for 2020 recruiting. Obviously that will change as other teams will certainly have bigger classes than we will, but what that is is real progress and in line with where we need to be to get where we want to go. I don't think anyone will have room to complain about this class if we add Miller into the fold.

Great get.
The bolded is really great to hear from a recruit. I think part of the transformation of where the team is currently involves experience/buy in/culture which appears to be peaking now. It's likely that many of the recruits we missed on did not see a team poised to make a run (nor did sports writers). The fact that we are viewed as a team to be contended with speaks volumes about what our program has to offer now - time for the dominoes to fall!

Anyone have a good video that gives a showcase of his skills? Huge huge get welcome to the fam Andre!!

Is Curbelo more a better/more important "get" than Adam Miller?
The more important get would be the one from Chicago, Mac Irvin, Chicago Public league, Morgan Park. All of those great pipelines. We are quickly building a New York pipeline though. Both would be major. Welcome Mr. Curbelo!

Anyone on this sight that thinks Underwood is not involved in the recruiting has no knowledge of how recruiting works.

The board I saw had like 4 posts about it after he picked us, so, yeah, its football season over there.
i think we had a few more than 4 watching for the announcement and giving a holler

I don't think anyone will have room to complain about this class if we add Miller into the fold.
Adding Miller to the class would be gravy at this point. Compared to our fall recruiting of the past, I'm not sure if this is a dream or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.