Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the video as well. They had a 3 pt, free throw, timed shooting and I think dunk contest. I don’t think smoked is the appropriate word, but he did beat him
That wasn’t a 3 point contest, and if it was; Cole made the most 3’s. He won based off his dunking prowess.

I personally think Hamlin is moved to walk on or out and Kouma is in next season.

Are we still actively pursuing him? Were we ever actively pursuing him? Or just staying in touch?

(Big) IF he signs with Illinois and (another big) if Miller also signs, that would be a +2 oversign. Miller would take Ayo's spot (and probably doesn't come if Ayo is still at Illinois) so really just +1.

I don't see him coming to Illinois.

Replacing Griffin, Giorgi, or Kofi with Saba would be downgrades for the team. I also think replacing DMW in his senior year is probably a downgrade for the program. I doubt Austin or Jacobson leave since they'd have to sit (unless someone has information about potentially graduating early?). So that would leave Tevian, Hamlin, and BBV as potential transfers to make room for another Center.

Apparently Wiseman should have went to a blue blood when recruited, the NCAA wouldn't be looking into anything
The story is Hardaway paid moving expenses to enable Wiseman to transfer to the high school he (Hardaway ) was coaching at the time. At the same time, Hardaway was angling for the Memphis job. I am assuming this is against the rules. From what I’ve read about Hardaway, it’s just a matter of time before he gets caught doing something really wrong. Then again, I’ve noticed right and wrong has become very flexible lately.

Is something coming up
IMG_20191110_093233.jpg

Deleted member 8896

D
Today’s Dallas Morning News has the Boy’s top 20 players in the area. It lists number 5 Jaquan Scott 6’7” as considering Illinois, Miami, & TCU.

The story is Hardaway paid moving expenses to enable Wiseman to transfer to the high school he (Hardaway ) was coaching at the time. At the same time, Hardaway was angling for the Memphis job. I am assuming this is against the rules. From what I’ve read about Hardaway, it’s just a matter of time before he gets caught doing something really wrong. Then again, I’ve noticed right and wrong has become very flexible lately.
Hardaway was also apparently a big $ contributor to the program before being hired.....thus was considered a booster. Don't know how Memphis works around that with the NCAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.