Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Miller has set a decision date. November 21st. Day after signing period. Down to final 3 of Illinois, AZ, and Louisville.
Been saying for months that it would be November, everyone kept saying January...

He wants to ensure that Ayo goes to the league. 10 days and our class will be complete. Major props to Chin, OA and BU. :shield:
That is very exciting !
As I was reading your note, I was thinking "why the day after the signing period?"
That is obviously strategic.
Then you explained it perfectly, making me feel better than anything other than the actual commitment and signed LOI.

Thank you

Adam Miller has set a decision date. November 21st. Day after signing period. Down to final 3 of Illinois, AZ, and Louisville.
Been saying for months that it would be November, everyone kept saying January...

He wants to ensure that Ayo goes to the league. 10 days and our class will be complete. Major props to Chin, OA and BU. :shield:
The implication here is that even if he commits he hinges on Ayo's decision, so it won't be a sure thing. Maybe that's ok...but certainly not a lock that he actually gets here.

If he wants certainty of an open spot, Arizona is as close as he will ever get to a sure thing.

Makes sense. Can verbally commit without having to/being able to officially sign so he can wait to see what happens with Ayo if that is indeed a concern.

As a fan, of course, we want them to sign early as does the coaching staff but there is just no benefit to the player to sign early.

BU and staff pushed hard for the fall signing. Adam wanted to wait till spring. Can't blame him.

Last edited:
The problem isn't an open spot, we can make room. He just doesn't want to be in a backcourt with Trent, and Ayo.

Which would make him the likely third option at the guard spot.
By open spot, I meant a clear path to substantial playing time, not just a scholarship. That path is unclear if Ayo stays. I'd like to get him AND have Ayo stay, but I don't think he will be looking for my advice even though we're both former Peorians.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™

My superpower Clouseau-like sleuthing skills detect a tell.

Miller & Curbelo will go down as one of the best backcourt duos in school history (I think, lol).

Last edited:

Doesn’t surprise me. Last nights game gave Miller and his handlers a lot to think about. I’m curious to hear if they have any new thoughts about consideration regarding illinois and Zona’s guard play.

Doesn’t surprise me. Last nights game gave Miller and his handlers a lot to think about. I’m curious to hear if they have any new thoughts about consideration regarding illinois and Zona’s guard play.

I usually keep a lot of salt when I check the stars around players. Having said that Nico Mannion was a 5* and yesterday he played like one. So was Josh Green. Both were McDonald AA. Both played exceptionally well (IMHO). They were coached well. They adjusted well (on D). They both had great support.

I have not looked closely, but, it seems to me that AZ - with all those FR - will be a top 8 team in the dance.

I usually keep a lot of salt when I check the stars around players. Having said that Nico Mannion was a 5* and yesterday he played like one. So was Josh Green. Both were McDonald AA. Both played exceptionally well (IMHO). They were coached well. They adjusted well (on D). They both had great support.

I have not looked closely, but, it seems to me that AZ - with all those FR - will be a top 8 team in the dance.

Mannion may have the best game offensively for a freshman PG that I have seen in a long, long time. Kid will be a great pro.

His Dad and trainer Vaughn Compton did a great job developing him, don't think Sean had to do to much development lol. He sure is gonna sell it though.

Last edited:
Mannion may have the best game offensively for a freshman PG that I have seen in a long, long time. Kid will be a great pro.

His Dad and trainer Vaughn Compton did a great job developing him, don't think Miller had to do to much development lol. He sure is gonna sell it though.

I have to assume Miller at least talked to Mannion.

Recruits, scouts, coaches, and organizations don’t put as much emphasis on a recruits rank as fans do.
Sure, it’s a benchmark for evaluating overall athletic ability, body, and skill compared to the rest of the pool coming into college. The system, usage and development of players at a school is more enlightening.

Adam Miller will announce on 11/21/19....

Mannion is a sure fire Lottery pick imo and WILL be gone after this year...
Ayo is an eventual 1st rounder and MAY be with us 3-4 years...
AZ just beat ILLINI 90-69 right....21 points....hmmmm

I hate to say it but Miller is AZ bound and Ayo got home schooled by Mannion. Ayo is 3 years imo, no less.
You base that all on one game. Sheer genius

jmilt7

Waukegan

I thought Miller eliminated Louisville and Arizona State was one of the three remaining. Not that it matters much, I suppose. But I thought we were more worried about ASU than any other team. Did I hallucinate that?

I thought Miller eliminated Louisville and Arizona State was one of the three remaining. Not that it matters much, I suppose. But I thought we were more worried about ASU than any other team. Did I hallucinate that?
No I figured it was down to Illinois and Arizona State.

Status
Not open for further replies.