Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatahack

St. Peters MO
Let's face it....Illinois is his safety school. If a prettier school comes calling, we are toast.

Deleted member 652352

D
Ah, the joys of recruiting Chicago. This one feels very Quentin Snyder-y, in that this won't be done until that NLI if faxed and in someone's hand.

Yep...Miller views us as a nice Ford Mustang but when the man with the Mercedes or Ferrari shows up, we are done. Watch out for a family move to Memphis.

I think we need to focus attention elsewhere. Even if he verbally commits chances are he will back out and leave us holding the empty bag.
I’m sure the staff doesn’t take anything for granted. Miller has every right to go where he chooses. That said , Michigan is one of my least favorite schools , going back to ‘89.

Deleted member 652352

D
Will be interesting to see if any Crystal Ball's change over the next ~week or so.

Juwan Howard to the North and Cuonzo to the south...at least Juwan offered an uncommitted recruit. Sure hope Miller chooses us as his skills will be a great asset. Miller needs to do what is best for him and I hope Underwood rights the ship and gets Illini back in gear as a true top 15 program...tired of waiting after Weber and Groce decimated our credibility. Frazier and Griffing getting scoring oppportunities in our next several games might help IMO.

Deleted member 652751

D
Welp who is the next combo guard we are recruiting? These situations have not worked out well for us so I’m all for staff moving on if he ends up taking the visit.

On the other hand they can’t just lay down and let Howard and Mich swoop in and take a recruit. Staff has their work cut out for them.

sacraig

The desert
If he takes the visit.....(n):poop::frustrated:

Your feeling or info you're hearing?

I guess the way I interpret this is that all signs were that he was going to "commit" to us after signing day but not sign until the spring when it was clear what our (and in particular, Ayo's) situation was going to be going into the 2020/21 season. He wouldn't be legally bound to anyone in that scenario and could freely move on if Ayo stayed in Champaign. In this scenario, the other schools would be vying to be his choice in the event of Ayo not going pro, and in that case, it would make sense for him to listen to Michigan and visit. Am I completely off base here?

Your feeling or info you're hearing?

I guess the way I interpret this is that all signs were that he was going to "commit" to us after signing day but not sign until the spring when it was clear what our (and in particular, Ayo's) situation was going to be going into the 2020/21 season. He wouldn't be legally bound to anyone in that scenario and could freely move on if Ayo stayed in Champaign. In this scenario, the other schools would be vying to be his choice in the event of Ayo not going pro, and in that case, it would make sense for him to listen to Michigan and visit. Am I completely off base here?
Hearing.

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA

Attachments

• 1DAF1EC9-44EB-4D5B-A748-9EED64CC2906.jpeg
    1DAF1EC9-44EB-4D5B-A748-9EED64CC2906.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 1,031
Michigan had a previous silent swoop in with Zavier Simpson. About a week before we had all the CB's. Then day of, all the CBs flipped to Wisky. Then he committed to Michigan out of the blue. I'd hope that we've been chasing AM long enough that he'd loathe Michigan as much as I do.

Can you imagine the behind the scenes going on in this one. Mike Irvin is the artful and #1 negotiator of all time. Plus as Izzo said there are an awful lot of "middle men" in Chicago. As I stated before we thought we had KFC until literally the last 15 minutes. Drama is fluid. Sadly, this recruitment is out of the hands of Adam Miller and that's not good.

Ugh. Oh well. Nothing to be done by us fans but wait and see. In the meantime, Disney+ came out today, so I can just retreat into Star Wars and ignore the travails of the real world for a bit.

Oh wait, I am at work. Shoot.

I can't tell you how many times I've been told on here that stars don't matter.

sacraig

The desert
Can you imagine the behind the scenes going on in this one. Mike Irvin is the artful and #1 negotiator of all time. Plus as Izzo said there are an awful lot of "middle men" in Chicago. As I stated before we thought we had KFC until literally the last 15 minutes. Drama is fluid. Sadly, this recruitment is out of the hands of Adam Miller and that's not good.

There's no reason at all to suggest this is out of the hands of Adam Miller. None. Zero evidence.

Why is this such a popular narrative? "Well, [recruit] really wants to come here but his handlers won't let him." Is this really how we all see the world? Is it really that much of a stretch that recruits maybe don't have the same level of preexisting loyalty to our program as we, the fans, do?

drsmitty74

Rochester
They’re also about to go on probation
yeah, just like Kansas, LSU, North Carolina, OK State..............no one cares anymore. My Gosh, look at Memphis. It is a blatant huge Middle Finger to the NCAA by playing Wiseman. Nothing will ever be done. The NCAA is a farce. These recruits obviously don't care. Ask Bryce Hopkins if it matters.

Is he taking an official to Ann Arbor or not? He tweeted that he was, and then pulled the tweet. Now all his twitter feed says is "Michigan offered."

What does that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.