Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
giphy.gif

Adam wants there to be some drama built up for his announcement.
That is understandable, if the trip to Michigan is an "official", which I thought was true, seems questionable. But based upon what I saw, he had me fooled. So long as we don't have any hat tricks!

I think Miller visits Michigan for the experience and respect for Juwan Howard. Past NBA players without previous coaching experience have not done well at High Div 1 level. I don't think Miller takes that chance and also only being offered after Burnett turned them down. Also talk of the 5*PF playing bball overseas instead of going to Michigan.

The day of the announcement is set, I don't think he does a last minute change on the fly.
Didn’t follow the Burnett recruitment but it seemed Michigan was written in pen after Howard was hired.Surprising.

Didn’t follow the Burnett recruitment but it seemed Michigan was written in pen after Howard was hired.Surprising.

Michigan had been running in last place for a few months in the Burnett recruitment.

Thought was that it was going to be Alabama, then Tech hired Maligi and he got it done.

Wish he were going in January or February.
I'm a couple of hours north of Ann Arbor at the moment. We got 30" of snow earlier this week, and it has been in the twenties since. Deer season starts tomorrow, so a whole lot of people will be outside and happy.

Soulberries

University of Illinois
Apparently not...but is working on a later date.

Personally, I would rather he visit this weekend. If he announces for Illinois next week and follows it up with a visit shortly thereafter to Michigan, that commitment is basically worthless.

I understand his reluctance to sign anything as his scholarship and desired playing time is heavily dependent upon Ayo leaving. But going on a date with another school after you’ve just got engaged is very bad form. If he chooses to take another visit in the spring because it’s looking like Ayo may not leave, then that’s understandable in my eyes.

Personally, I would rather he visit this weekend. If he announces for Illinois next week and follows it up with a visit shortly thereafter to Michigan, that commitment is basically worthless.

I understand his reluctance to sign anything as his scholarship and desired playing time is heavily dependent upon Ayo leaving. But going on a date with another school after you’ve just got engaged is very bad form. If he chooses to take another visit in the spring because it’s looking like Ayo may not leave, then that’s understandable in my eyes.
I'd prefer that he not announce anything until he's ready to sign. Announcing a commitment, with the intent to visit another school later, seems silly. That, of course, is unless he commits to Michigan and visits down the road.

In the meantime what does the staff do? Does they hope the commitment sticks or do they look at other options? Tough spot to be in.

ILL in IA

Iowa City

I don't like it, but Miller has been upfront that his decision will be verbal only and that it is done that way to leave all options open. At least we know that going into it.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
I get the potential frustration, but I don't think a verbal is entirely meaningless. It could be the declaration of a strong front-runner. As long as recruits aren't just playing games, I think that still means something.

Status
Not open for further replies.