Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (February 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Public

Springfield, Illinois
1582038729387.png

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Total long shot and wild speculation, but I just finished reading an article on The Athletic about Adrian Griffin, and how he should be on the Bulls radar as their next possible head coach. I know it has been shot down that the younger Griffin is still an option, but I wonder if Adrian getting a job in Chicago opens up the possibility. I have zero faith the Bulls do the right thing, but one can hope.

With the upmost respect, and admitting my age starts with a 2, I have a bone to pick about Jackson and Abdul Rauf being better players than Brunson at the collegiate level. But it’s neither here nor there and I don’t want to derail the forum.
LOL that happened a long, long time ago

So, are we reasonably sure AM is going to sign in April? Is this still a "wait for Ayo's choice" situation, or is he mulling other possibilities? Not that anyone knows for sure, but I was just wondering where any of you stood on this. Sorry, just one last kick at the dead horse.
Let's see:

1) Calls DaMonte his big brother and told him 1st of his oral commit to Illinois;
2) Is DJ Richardson's 1st cousin;
3) Grew up and continues to be an Illini fan;
4) Visited CU about 5 times since his commit;
5) Born and raised in Peoria;
6):suspicious::deadhorse:

I want to watch more film on our current recruit AC. What little i have seen and heard described his game sounds very similar to Chris Jackson/ Rauf's at LSU without the elite shooting ability and super quick release. Man oh man would i be doing back flips if AC could develop that jumper and that is one reason i wanted Brunson so badly. Watch this link and see if you think their games are similar and if AC could develop a shot like this who knows. Chris Jackson was cst quick and only on college 2 years and 2x All American and at the time and maybe still the only freshman to over average of 30 a game. He was really good and i think Just on quickness, vision and passing AC will be really good too. Man oh man look out if he or any one that quick gets a great jumper. Anyay here ya go young twenty something. I am dying for us to get a recruit like this and i think eventually we will. Is Christie this good of a shooter i know very little about him other than his ranking and he can shoot. Id love that with kofi down low,

No doubt he was a better pro prospect (hence staying only 2 years), and more talented (which may have been the argument all along), but there are not many players in the history of college basketball who had a more decorated career or more impactful than Brunson. Couldn't help it, got baited into the debate :LOL: Anyway, let's hope Curbelo does his thing and makes his own impact.

No doubt he was a better pro prospect (hence staying only 2 years), and more talented (which may have been the argument all along), but there are not many players in the history of college basketball who had a more decorated career or more impactful than Brunson. Couldn't help it, got baited into the debate :LOL: Anyway, let's hope Curbelo does his thing and makes his own impact.
Have to disagree about Brunson. I see him play 45 times a year in person with the Mavericks. Chris Jackson would have torched him. If he had stayed in school like Brunson did who knows how many college records he would have had. I think he was even in the Slam Dunk contest one year. Great outside shooter & tremendous free throw shooter. Cant wait to see Curbelo play for the Illini!!!

Bailey

Los Angeles
I think late bloomer under the radar. He looks great. So smooth. Can't wait to see him in O&B!
he's been with Prolific Prep for multiple seasons though, no? There's no way he could fly under the radar there with scouts at every game and probably practice.

He was with some other school for at least 1 year before going to Prolific I thought. And he grew a lot his Jr. year I believe. He's just now starting to flourish. Definitely 4 star quality imo.

Last edited:
What's the knock on Hawkins? You'd think with that skillset he'd have a higher ranking. Definitely has plenty of exposure playing with that team too...

He's climbed recently to the top 150 in rankings, and gotten some love recently from the national analysts. Seems like the knock on him is the usual for bigs, needs to get bigger and stronger to defend college level bigs and be a better rebounder for his size.

He was with some other school for at least 1 year before going to Prolific I thought. And he grew a lot his Jr. year I believe. He's just now starting to flourish. Definitely 4 star quality imo.
6'4"-6'7"-6'10" I think freshman to now....guard mindset, handles and is frail for height due to mostly growth spurts imo....wing 4 I will take!

6'4"-6'7"-6'10" I think freshman to now....guard mindset, handles and is frail for height due to mostly growth spurts imo....wing 4 I will take!
A stretch 4 with excellent handles and is a good passer as well, plus he has pretty good hops. This guy is going to have an impact next year, imo.

i believe Anthony Davis was the same way as far as the growth spurts

What's the knock on Hawkins? You'd think with that skillset he'd have a higher ranking. Definitely has plenty of exposure playing with that team too...
I've seen him play about 6 games and he's only scored in double figures once I think.Theres not a lot of passing on this team with Burnett and Greene out there tho.He is not a back to the basket type player but more of the stretch 4 type.I look for a Tyler Griffey sort of career but I'm definitely no expert.

Don’t care where he is ranked, he is a missing piece on our team. Just needs to learn how to play defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.