Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
csnbbs

It took me a while to navigate. Let me know if you need the exact link to the Nesbitt chatter.
What a complete mess of a board! Thanks to Dan and those that keep IllinoisLoyalty so nice and easy to navigate! Some of these others look like something a high school kid started as a school project

The insiders there seem very confident/lock that Nesbitt is coming to Memphis. Then again, it sounds like they think they will get every player they recruit and offer.

Just interesting seeing how everybody thinks they stack up to others in recruiting. They are confident they will get at least 2 big commits this week, if not 3.

What a complete mess of a board! Thanks to Dan and those that keep IllinoisLoyalty so nice and easy to navigate! Some of these others look like something a high school kid started as a school project
+1 to that. Horribly managed board. Was so messy to navigate. Glad that IllinoisLoyalty is doing such a tremendous job :)

Hey all, don’t be shocked if Nesbitt ends up at Memphis. Hope I’m wrong.
🎶 🙉 🎶
1601405314872.gif

Make no mistake about it... our opponent’s are celebrating right now. $LU doesn’t want him here out of spite if it’s not them, and Memphis thinks they’ve got it in the 💰

There has been some movement here the past few days/24 hours. That’s the reality. Some critical information has been leaked out there THAT HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED that would potentially sway this recruitment undeniably in Memphis’ favor.

I got it, my sources got it, Piper got it, I don’t know if Sturdy got it or what he’s sayin, but I’m sure he’s got it... either way, it’s out there and no one wants to confirm it... because the rumors are extremely sketchy.

The staff ain’t touchin’ it either and have continued to be immovable during this time. They are use to enduring these late haymakers by their opponents. The staff is staying strong and simply diverting the attention by sticking to what they are saying is the last they’ve heard from the Nesbitt’s, which is updates regarding the recruitment/commitment video.

Memphis has the ties to Tipton edits & Illinois does not however, which is strange considering most kids choose a friend or a local editor to do it independently, not a major known editing source for H.S. recruits on Twitter like Tipton Edits...

But the truth is the staff has never been fazed or concerned about who does these videos in the past or ever thought it was a back-door way to commit to another school after giving all indication there choice was made with them... They are now.

But at the end of the day, Memphis was of the final choices in all this as well, so it makes sense for paths to be crossed and information to be exchanged for when Jordan was ready to make his announcement. The staff was told not to worry by the Nesbitt’s. Bottom-line. 🔸🔶🔹🔷

With that being said, The Nesbitt’s are planning on having a family meeting TONIGHT with all the their coaches and friends of whom they trust, that have helped develop Jordan and advise them along their Journey.

They plan on thanking them know how the announcement will go, who he will chose, and will go over the decision with them all in full detail. So, that means one thing...

Absolute, definitive answers will be coming out soon ahead of the announcement. 🤯😳

Will my sources, and the Illini’s sources be right...? Or will the boastorous mouths of the Memphis sly cats and their insiders really be a step ahead of us here...

I am as unfazed as my man, the Idol, the Great 24 is with an aggressive Matt Barnes pump fake pass comin’ at my face...

Just keep your game face on and carry that Mamba Mentality! Because that’s what is staff is about to do!! 💪🏽👆🏼🦍👏🏼👌🏽🔥

I’m just gonna sit back and wait for my phone to start buzzin’ 👀📲

Last edited:
Make no mistake about it... our opponent’s are celebrating right now. $LU doesn’t want him here out of spite if it’s not them, and Memphis thinks they’ve got it in the 💰

There has been some movement here the past few days/24 hours. That’s the reality. Some critical information has been leaked out there THAT HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED that would potentially sway this recruitment undeniably in Memphis’ favor.

I got it, my sources got it, Piper got it, I don’t know if Sturdy got it or what he’s sayin, but I’m sure he’s got it... either way, it’s out there and no one wants to confirm it... because the rumors are extremely sketchy.

The staff ain’t touchin’ it either and have continued to be immovable during this time. They are use to enduring these late haymakers by their opponents. The staff is staying strong and simply diverting the attention by sticking to what they are saying is the last they’ve heard from the Nesbitt’s, which is updates regarding the recruitment/commitment video.

Memphis has the ties to Tipton edits & Illinois does not however, which is strange considering most kids choose a friend or a local editor to do it independently, not a major known editing source for H.S. recruits on Twitter like Tipton Edits...

But the truth is the staff has never been fazed or concerned about who does these videos in the past or ever thought it was a back-door way to commit to another school after giving all indication there choice was made with them... They are now.

But at the end of the day, Memphis was of the final choices in all this as well, so it makes sense for paths to be crossed and information to be exchanged for when Jordan was ready to make his announcement. The staff was told not to worry by the Nesbitt’s. Bottom-line. 🔸🔶🔹🔷

With that being said, The Nesbitt’s are planning on having a family meeting TONIGHT with all the their coaches and friends of whom they trust, that have helped develop Jordan and advise them along their Journey.

They plan on thanking them and letting them all know and how the announcement will go, who he will chose, and go over the decision with them all in full detail. So that means one thing...

Absolute, definitive answers will be coming out soon ahead of the announcement. 🤯😳

Will my sources, and the Illini’s sources be right...? Or will the boastorous mouths of the Memphis sly cats and their insiders really be a step ahead of us here...

I’m as unfazed as my man, the Idol, the Great 24 is with an aggressive Matt Barnes pump fake pass comin’ at my face...

Just keep your game face on and carry that Mamba Mentality! Because that’s what is staff is about to do!! 💪🏽👆🏼🦍👏🏼👌🏽🔥

Appreciate the updates even if this doesn't end up in our favor. Has made this thread much more interesting regardless! Fingers crossed and wood has been knocked.

Appreciate the updates even if this doesn't end up in our favor. Has made this thread much more interesting regardless! Fingers crossed and wood has been knocked.

Sounds like the info will get out soon, and we'll see a run of CB picks to the side that got the real info. I wish I could say I was confident, but my admittedly hazy memory recalls that staffs can be misled. I think he'd fit really well here, so gonna also cross my fingers. :illinois:

Soulberries

University of Illinois
Goode, Nesbitt, Hawkins, and Mac might be a better class than Curbelo/Miller/Hawkins

Curbelo/Hutch
Miller/Nesbitt
Grandison/Goode
Hawkins/Coleman/BVV
Mac/Giorgi

Is Coleman Hawkins doing double duty? Or he’s so good that he almost never comes out??

They plan on thanking them know how the announcement will go, who he will chose, and will go over the decision with them all in full detail. So, that means one thing...

I am as unfazed as my man, the Idol, the Great 24 is with an aggressive Matt Barnes pump fake pass comin’ at my face...

Appreciate the scoop..its finally time we're on the other end of this situation..😌 the culture is changing so we should no longer be surprised when a great recruit wants to join the fold..its a new day fellas..🤞

The thought is that he has told both staffs that they should expect a commitment from him on Thursday.

This is something I believe happens more often than people like to admit so when "insiders" such as yourself, QC, etc., who I appreciate and respect are ever wrong, jilted posters challenge the validity of the information, sources and motives. Dating back to Cliffmas and beyond I've always thought it's more likely than not that a recruit tells a coaching staff that he's coming in order to not disappoint, that information trickles down and then the sky falls when when he commits elsewhere. It doesn't mean the information posted wasn't 100% valid from the top down. It just means a kid was afraid to disappoint a a coach he is likely grew fond of during the process. And this goes for just about every school in the country including a school or two on Thursday.

jilted posters...

There were a number of insiders here in the past, that got their information from overly optimistic people, or people that didn't know what was really going on, or who thought that leading in a recruitment on any given day, meant we would finish on top. Too much bluster before ultimately missing, to take anything seriously. And once someone's neck is stuck out, it's pretty easy for the haters to lop it off if it doesn't break our way.

As a program, you always miss more than you hit, but we've had some REALLY, REALLY good hits with Underwood & co. And, I think expectations overall are more in line with reality (thankfully).

Status
Not open for further replies.