Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (September 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Welcome to the Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

2021 Illini Commits
Luke Goode (2021 G) committed on April 17th

texillwek

🔶🔹🔸🔷
Ahhhh, that new thread smell.

Here's to great recruiting success in September!

:illinois:

I suppose all kids are different in regards to viewing message boards, but do you think Jones might be a little alarmed that, while we have been obsessing over him (pretty much), depaul now has 2 posts about him committing. John Thompson's death has 8 in about the same time frame. Rabid fan base. Kid will be sure to be seen by 3,000 snoring fans at every home game!

Also, is the insinuation regarding OA that he already has been promised the job and accepted, it has been made known to Jones, and that is why he choose depaul? I'm hardly surprised at the depths to which recruiting can sink, but this just seems way over the top.

I suppose all kids are different in regards to viewing message boards, but do you think Jones might be a little alarmed that, while we have been obsessing over him (pretty much), depaul now has 2 posts about him committing. John Thompson's death has 8 in about the same time frame. Rabid fan base. Kid will be sure to be seen by 3,000 snoring fans at every home game!

Also, is the insinuation regarding OA that he already has been promised the job and accepted, it has been made known to Jones, and that is why he choose depaul? I'm hardly surprised at the depths to which recruiting can sink, but this just seems way over the top.
Yeah....everyone seems to be doing a little over thinking on this one.

Agreed, that's libelous in my mind. OA is going to stab Wood in the back for the fricking DePaul job?!?!?! Please....

BTW, Cardet looks every bit as good as Jones from his highlights. Strong finisher at the rim, solid to plus handles, nice passer. He certainly has the physique to rebound assuming he has the he want to. I hope we land him, he'd fit in well with what we're building.

Last edited:
One per recruiting season is enough.

Nut punch.png

For me it's just a glancing blow to the shoulder. If you ain't with us you're agin us, lol. Moving on to Wes Cardet, my new favorite.

Deleted member 380722

D

There's no way this is the case. "Come here because the coach you like at Illinois is going to be here next year." Honestly if there was any substance to it, it would make more sense for Jones to go to Illinois for a year and then transfer when OA leaves. He would be given a waiver.

David Jones to Depaul... Welcome to recruiting. LOL, he didn't make that decision. Marc Hsu is as dirty as they come. Worked for Stansbury...

Foster is going pro. That decision was made after he decided not to re-class.

Nesbitt not committing to SLU is good news. We are full throttle on that recruitment.

UK wanted Hopkins committed already and Cal is not being patient anymore after the whole thing with Paolo. The longer he drags it out the better it is for us.

The staff loves where they sit with Big Mac. Have for a while now.

Nesbitt, Mac, Goode and Hopkins wouldn't upset me one bit.

David Jones to Depaul... Welcome to recruiting. LOL, he didn't make that decision. Marc Hsu is as dirty as they come. Worked for Stansbury...

Nesbitt not committing to SLU is good news. We are full throttle on that recruitment.

UK wanted Hopkins committed already and Cal is not being patient anymore after the whole thing with Paolo. The longer he drags it out the better it is for us.

Now that is a "feel good' post

Indy Bomb

skyIdub

Winged Warrior

tenor.gif

Nesbitt is the best prospect of all wings we have been chasing by a long shot. You can’t teach his killer instinct and mentality, very impressive approach for a high school prospect. Somehow land him and I would be thrilled.

yeah, it was interesting to see that Weston was ranked higher on 247. Nesbitt is underrated IMO. Would be thrilled to get.

BillyBob1

Champaign

Unfortunately the staff felt good about Jones.

What's Nesbitt's game like? More guard or forward oriented?
I feel like someone the other day was raving about Nesbitt and made him sound more like a lead guard type of guy, but in my mind I always thought of him more as a "wing" or 3, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.