Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

Lmbo no, I wouldn’t say that this is in indicator of anything honestly... correct me if I’m wrong TC.

I just think some of us like to collect little tidbits like this and save them in a jar for later 👌🏽☝💯
Nah, nothing to it. A lot of people use Tipton, including Weston, David Jones and Nesbitt. :)

Crystal balls are still sitting at 11/11 for Kentucky --- including 5/5 of those predictions made over the past week. Combine that with Bossi's comments about KY making a huge late push. Pulling this one out would be like the Astros coming back to win the ALCS after being down three games to none.

Awaiting that burst of encouraging news. Are we hearing anything good?

Surprised that it has not been mentioned before, but Adam Miller's role in this recruitment is HUGE!!
I thought about Miller's relationship with Hopkins a few days ago. I would have been great to get Bryce on campus with Miller hosting him. I heard yesterday that Hopkins commitment would be the 4th straight year of getting a top 50 recruit. Gotta keep that streak intact.

At present 3 open scholarship for next year. To whom have we made offers, who have not yet committed?
Mac Etienne, and ??????

Etienne has offers from Kansas, Louiville, Ohio State, UCLA, Iowa Arizona State, Connecticut and 10 others
How is Antiqua doing with this securing Etienne?

It seems like UK fans are not overly interested in the Hopkins recruitment. Sort of an everyday event for them. One site poster claims that Bryce has tried to commit twice but UK was not ready to accept his commitment both times.
Maybe UK fans are indifferent due to the big FB win at Tennessee. First time for them to win in Knoxville in 36 years.

Last edited:
It seems like UK fans are not overly interested in the Hopkins recruitment. Sort of an everyday event for them. One site poster claims that Bryce has tried to commit twice but UK was not ready to accept his commitment both times.
Maybe UK fans are indifferent due to the big FB win at Tennessee. First time for them to win in Knoxville in 36 years.
Must be nice to be ho-hum about a top-30 recruit

Life experiences has taught me too well because of our recent history, BUT MAN i really wanna get excited right now!! 😱

A couple weeks ago I was told Hopkins had cooled on UK, and that we had moved to the fore-front... but out of nowhere, National analysts continued to back Kentucky and even say that there position had strengthened.

Now, in the 11th hour, all indications point to those tidbits I was receiving to indeed be true. It appears Kentucky has played their hand wrong, opening the door to complete Illinois strongest 3 year run in recruiting in the last two decades!

Nothing is final fellas... but just hang in there! The bumps seem to be smoothing out 🔸👀 🤞🏽🔹

Life experiences has taught me too well because of our recent history, BUT MAN i really wanna get excited right now!! 😱

A couple weeks ago I was told Hopkins had cooled on UK, and that we had moved to the fore-front... but out of nowhere, National analysts continued to back Kentucky and even say that there position had strengthened.

Now, in the 11th hour, all indications point to those tidbits I was receiving to indeed be true. It appears Kentucky has played their hand wrong, opening the door to complete Illinois strongest 3 year run in recruiting in the last two decades!

Nothing is final fellas... but just hang in there! The bumps seem to be smoothing out 🔸👀 🤞🏽🔹
Sounds like Brad went golfing