Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bolded parts really stuck out to me, too. How many guys don't start but also turn into one-and-done...?

That was my initial take. After further review, I suspect he was saying Penny told him he would not only likely start, but he could be a star. I can't help but think the prospect of possibly being THE point guard at Memphis helped too.

B-ILL

Working From Home
this would definitely take the sting outta losing Mrs Nesbitt

tumblr_ny8x3kCJCI1u4f31uo1_400.gifv

(y) He had a virtual with staff this weekend and there have been no leaks on either behalf. That is positive!! This is not going to be a drama filled announcement, look for something quick. I would love to see an announcement for UI this week and those 7 UK CB's to remain as is.

I would also be okay with this.

Is it really possible we could lock him down that quickly?

edit: also are the signing periods still the same or has covid changed the schedule on those?

I can't keep signing dates straight. One in early spring, one in like May for basketball correct?

I ask, because Memphis is already verbally oversigned by ~3? That seems like a train wreck waiting to happen come the early signing period.

I can't keep signing dates straight. One in early spring, one in like May for basketball correct?

I ask, because Memphis is already verbally oversigned by ~3? That seems like a train wreck waiting to happen come the early signing period.
Penny is selling the players on that one and done just like Nesbitt said. You know Nolley is expecting to be gone after this year. Boogie Ellis hopes to have a big year. He has talent and had originally committed to Duke. I can name those 2 off the top of my head. Not to mention the incoming freshman. Penny is trying to turn Memphis into Kentucky.

If there are covid waivers like football, roster limits could change for 1-2 years. May be a good gamble.

Memphis is a 1 year pit stop for most of these recruits. Penny, although I enjoyed watching him as a player, can't coach himself out of a wet paper sack.

Didn't know he was such an elite recruiter until I checked his classes.

2019 #1 in the nation above the likes of Duke and Kentucky.
2020 NR but only 2 recruits, one was a 5 star, top-10
2021 #9 currently

Has a pair of 5th place finishes in the AAC. Way too early in his coaching career to write him off, but he might be another Cuonzo Martin. i.e. paper tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.