Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlliniKat91

Chicago, IL
For those of us too old and unhip, I have no idea who or what that video is. Can someone give a little head's up on the implication?

Mac Miller was the dude in the second gif, implying that it was Mac, not Hopkins, on campus this weekend. We're in on him, too, depending on which insiders you believe.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
Mac Miller was the dude in the second gif, implying that it was Mac, not Hopkins, on campus this weekend. We're in on him, too, depending on which insiders you believe.
Thank you. My chance at staying relatively current about music in the past 20 years evaporated when my daughter, now 20, decided 6 years ago that "our music is better than hers", so we listen to a lot of Styx, Journey, etc. together.

Thank you. My chance at staying relatively current about music in the past 20 years evaporated when my daughter, now 20, decided 6 years ago that "our music is better than hers", so we listen to a lot of Styx, Journey, etc. together.
Love some Journey! My 14 year old daughter feels the same way about the old school, which makes pops happy! 😀

giphy.gif

Has, can, or may anyone confirm the post about the 13th as being a tentative commit date for Hopkins?
In the middle of last week I heard the 13th was the date. The same day I heard anywhere between a week to ten days. There are a few players making decisions today.

She's just listening to the wrong stuff. There's lots of good music being made right now. You're just unlikely to hear it on the radio.

Kentucky writer with the announcement date tweet - this ships sailed....

At least its not IU.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
At least we have a firm end date now.

Although, if he really was considering a commitment to Illinois over the weekend, I'm not sure what pushing it out another week does to our chances. Is he liking what he's hearing from another school? Does he need more time to put together his commitment video? Should I ask my doctor if Xanax could be right for me?

Lots of possibilities.

Although, if he really was considering a commitment to Illinois over the weekend, I'm not sure what pushing it out another week does to our chances. Is he liking what he's hearing from another school? Does he need more time to put together his commitment video? Should I ask my doctor if Xanax could be right for me?

Lots of possibilities.

Pushing it out a week actually helps our chances. Just like Nesbitt, look for multiple videos. Clyde Hopkins is really a good guy, unlike KFC's Dad. Clyde has done a good job of deflecting pressure away from Bryce. Me thinks we are still in this.

IlliniKat91

Chicago, IL

Lots of possibilities.

Because it makes sense to give the student and his family time to talk about things and weigh all options.

We just don't like it 🤷🏼‍♀️

“2021 four-star forward Bryce Hopkins will announce his commitment one week from today on October 20, his father tells KSR.”

Status
Not open for further replies.