Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A rather disappointing article. As it reads..........I'd say Illinois comes across as 5th out of the 5 schools discussed. 1. Providence 2. Indiana 3. Kentucky 4. Michigan 5. Illinois

y’aint first you’re last. I was a bigger Groce fan than most here toward the end... but he proved over and over the second place in recruiting isn’t a thing.

ProfessorQC

Ace Wolf
UofI
Where’s QC at with his vague GIFs?

1602727247534.gif

ProfessorQC

Ace Wolf
UofI
“Oh yeah, have you ever gone a week without a rationalization?” 😎

I love this! And this seems to be the scary part of this recruitment..

Dad obviously loves Illinois and is trying to use some type of misdirection or buy time.

My connections around the program (I work for the UofI) tell me that the staff is still in solid position heading down the stretch and that the biggest contender is Providence.

However, my sources around the UK camp believe they have gotten back in this thing fully and have shut the door.

If it’s Dads decision, I believe Bryce will be here.

But Clyde has said multiple times that this decision is ultimately up to Bryce...

and from everything I’m hearing, there is multiple parties close to Bryce pulling him in multiple directions...

Now that we have won a few high profile recruiting battles , and have an established very good coaching staff. I do not worry about every recruit. There are way too many variables. Will a recruit pan out? Ayo, Kofi , Yes !!! Smith not so much. Will we find some diamonds in the rough and glue guys? So far so so good. Damonte, Trent, Giorgi...who will be next? Hawkins, Hamlin, Grandison, Hutcherson ? Great guard play and inside height and skill seems solid for the next 1 to 3 years IMO with Miller, Curbelo in tow and I feel Hawkins and Hamlin will contribute by next season at least....! Goode in tow, Hopkins or Ettienne would be home runs in my book. Looking forward to the next Illlini to join us with tremendous anticipation. But especially looking forward to this season . Ayo and Trent's leadership have righted the ship on a rich tradition !!! I ...L...L...

Now that we have won a few high profile recruiting battles , and have an established very good coaching staff. I do not worry about every recruit. There are way too many variables. Will a recruit pan out? Ayo, Kofi , Yes !!! Smith not so much. Will we find some diamonds in the rough and glue guys? So far so so good. Damonte, Trent, Giorgi...who will be next? Hawkins, Hamlin, Grandison, Hutcherson ? Great guard play and inside height and skill seems solid for the next 1 to 3 years IMO with Miller, Curbelo in tow and I feel Hawkins and Hamlin will contribute by next season at least....! Goode in tow, Hopkins or Ettienne would be home runs in my book. Looking forward to the next Illlini to join us with tremendous anticipation. But especially looking forward to this season . Ayo and Trent's leadership have righted the ship on a rich tradition !!! I ...L...L...
I wish I had your confidence. I hear what your saying in my brain, but the heart wants what the heart wants and that's the best class we can get!

Wonder if this falls under the "Plan B" or "Never Stop Recruiting" category. Ranking would seem to indicate "Plan B"

“Oh yeah, have you ever gone a week without a rationalization?” 😎

I love this! And this seems to be the scary part of this recruitment..

Dad obviously loves Illinois and is trying to use some type of misdirection or buy time.

My connections around the program (I work for the UofI) tell me that the staff is still in solid position heading down the stretch and that the biggest contender is Providence.

However, my sources around the UK camp believe they have gotten back in this thing fully and have shut the door.

If it’s Dads decision, I believe Bryce will be here.

But Clyde has said multiple times that this decision is ultimately up to Bryce...

and from everything I’m hearing, there is multiple parties close to Bryce pulling him in multiple directions...

If these people are close to Bryce, other than his parents, what the heck are they doing pulling him in a direction? Yeah, that's what a friend does, lol.

Not much here, other than what we already have seen posted. No offense to our insiders, but those outside the program see things quite differently. IMO, there's way too much buzz on Kentucky to think our insiders know something everyone else doesn't. We're far too biased to have a good perspective on what's happening or likely to happen.

UK leads, Hopkins visited UK

I don't want to downplay Ayo and Adam Millers huge commitments but stealing a top 30 prospect from KENTUCKY and their 10 crystal balls at the same time we get a preseason top 10 ranking screams Illinois is back and aint leaving for the whole country to hear... This one would feel different...

I don't want to downplay Ayo and Adam Millers huge commitments but stealing a top 30 prospect from KENTUCKY and their 10 crystal balls at the same time we get a preseason top 10 ranking screams Illinois is back and aint leaving for the whole country to hear... This one would feel different...

A huge get, recruiting-wise. Ayo and Miller both played for MP/MIF. Staff had to work really hard for those, but developing more connections to land elite players (e.g. Curbelo), shows even stronger recruiting chops.

A huge get, recruiting-wise. Ayo and Miller both played for MP/MIF. Staff had to work really hard for those, but developing more connections to land elite players (e.g. Curbelo), shows even stronger recruiting chops.

Hopkins would be the first recruit that we ever got out of the Mokan Elite program. I find it interesting that he did not pursue Meanstreets or MIF.

Location, location, location.(y) Just ask Ayo's truly extended family.

Status
Not open for further replies.