Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorQC

Ace Wolf
UofI
Life experiences has taught me too well because of our recent history, BUT MAN i really wanna get excited right now!! 😱

A couple weeks ago I was told Hopkins had cooled on UK, and that we had moved to the fore-front... but out of nowhere, National analysts continued to back Kentucky and even say that there position had strengthened.

Now, in the 11th hour, all indications point to those tidbits I was receiving to indeed be true. It appears Kentucky has played their hand wrong, opening the door to complete Illinois strongest 3 year run in recruiting in the last two decades!

Nothing is final fellas... but just hang in there! The bumps seem to be smoothing out 🔸👀 🤞🏽🔹

Cup firmly in position. Bring it on.
1603024319710.png

Last edited:
Life experiences has taught me too well because of our recent history, BUT MAN i really wanna get excited right now!! 😱

A couple weeks ago I was told Hopkins had cooled on UK, and that we had moved to the fore-front... but out of nowhere, National analysts continued to back Kentucky and even say that there position had strengthened.

Now, in the 11th hour, all indications point to those tidbits I was receiving to indeed be true. It appears Kentucky has played their hand wrong, opening the door to complete Illinois strongest 3 year run in recruiting in the last two decades!

Nothing is final fellas... but just hang in there! The bumps seem to be smoothing out 🔸👀 🤞🏽🔹
Sounds like Brad went golfing

altenberger22

South Carolina
Sounds like a decision is forthcoming. Will any of the crystal balls now start to move......?

After the Vols football game yesterday, I could really use a pick me up from somewhere. The Bears could help today, but man, Hopkins would be huge!

whatahack

St. Peters MO
Curious that so many of our 'insiders' are quiet. Seems that Hopkins is good at keeping secrets.

UI has a shot with Hopkins, but if Calipari wants him he'll get him. Million dollar question is does UK want him.

altenberger22

South Carolina
Curious that so many of our 'insiders' are quiet. Seems that Hopkins is good at keeping secrets.
I agree that Hopkins and family are doing a really nice job with this.

Time for the leaks to now start rolling out. Sure seems like KY is the clear leader though, based solely upon the expert prognosticators.

ProfessorQC

Ace Wolf
UofI
Million dollar question is does UK want him.
That’s not what’s going on here, imo.

They'll come out if the crystal balls start changing.

I think many of the insiders have already “come out”... and you guys know I don’t wait for crystal balls. I called the movement for Nesbitt before the crystal balls started happening, and even said he was a lock! Something I won’t do again 😎

But the only reason the experts haven’t started flooding in with changes to their crystal balls For Hopkins is because they don’t know who to pick... us or Prov??

They are waiting for the Meyer’s and Snow’s of the world at this point... even Piper imo!

Multiple suitors. Let's just hope we have the biggest briefcase.

d98qdxp-509ff9dd-c97f-4db3-b0f1-2c434eab6210.gif

So you are agreeing too TC?

The Hopkins are extremely tight lipped on this one. Not even the staffs have an idea. But there will be no Nesbitt thing of telling both schools he's coming,however there could be multiple videos though. If the CB's stay the same 11 for UK and it ends up being UI, it will be the biggest "upset" in the history of 247 BB crystal ball recruiting. I'm still holding out hope it's Illinois.

The Hopkins are extremely tight lipped on this one. Not even the staffs have an idea. But there will be no Nesbitt thing of telling both schools he's coming,however there could be multiple videos though. If the CB's stay the same 11 for UK and it ends up being UI, it will be the biggest "upset" in the history of 247 BB crystal ball recruiting. I'm still holding out hope it's Illinois.
Can you please translate this post to gif format? I'm not used to reading plain English.

That’s not what’s going on here, imo.

I think many of the insiders have already “come out”... and you guys know I don’t wait for crystal balls. I called the movement for Nesbitt before the crystal balls started happening, and even said he was a lock! Something I won’t do again 😎

But the only reason the experts haven’t started flooding in with changes to their crystal balls For Hopkins is because they don’t know who to pick... us or Prov??

They are waiting for the Meyer’s and Snow’s of the world at this point... even Piper imo!

I'm not saying you are wrong. I've heard Hopkins has people in his corner that like UI and there are family connections to Providence. UI has a shot but at the end of the day, if he wants someone, Calipari is a hard man to say no to.

ProfessorQC

Ace Wolf
UofI
Lost in all this Hopkins hoopla is the fact that on Friday night the staff held a virtual meeting with Wesley Cardet and supposedly if went very well.

This zoom was *very critical* ...

regardless of what some of our “local experts” are saying, Cardet is making it abundantly clear that he wants to play “off the ball”.

Yet people drool over his playmaking and passing ability for his size, but he does not want to be a combo or a point... he wants to play on the wing and my sources were telling me the staff was losing momentous ground in this recruitment.

But early indications are that the staff has changed that approach and regained momentum with WCJ which is super exciting, b/c I thought we had lost ‘em!! 🗣🙅🏽🙇🏽‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.