Illinois in 2020 Emerald Coast Classic

I am!

Should be a good little tourney. Nice to be near a beach in November for the guys. Will be a good early barometer of where we're at next season.
I agree! Wish it wasn't the day after Thanksgiving though, I'd have tried to figure out a way to get down there.

I will be attending this tournament can't wait!

Last edited:
Have not scheduled flight times yet but usually out of Belleville $175.00 round trip flight. Gym is not very big. Looks to be 2500. 12 hour drive from Springfield. That time of year condos are very affordable.

The gym seats 2,200 and cost $32 million about ten years ago. Plus it is located in the town of Niceville! Based on videos of the 2019 edition of the tourney, it appears tickets should be readily available.

FYI, the 3rd and 4th round games held in Niceville were sold out last year. Rounds 1 and 2 are held on campus'.

FYI, the 3rd and 4th round games held in Niceville were sold out last year. Rounds 1 and 2 are held on campus'.
The finals did not look sold out.

I am guessing that a lot of the tickets sold to the third round losers went unused.

I've got a really good friend who just moved away from Niceville. Apparently he and his family didn't like it.

Niceville is a very common looking small Florida outlying looking area. Anyone that has been to Crestview/Fort Walton Beach, etc...should know what that means. Newer homes mixed with alot of communities that are older and somewhat not kept up in general imo.

sacraig

The desert
Niceville is a very common looking small Florida outlying looking area. Anyone that has been to Crestview/Fort Walton Beach, etc...should know what that means. Newer homes mixed with alot of communities that are older and somewhat not kept up in general imo.

The whole area economy is a mixture of tourism and Eglin AFB. So basically, it's an odd combination of retirees, military, and service industry workers. So... Florida.

I just know my friend's wife really hated it there, which was a big reason they moved away.

The whole area economy is a mixture of tourism and Eglin AFB. So basically, it's an odd combination of retirees, military, and service industry workers. So... Florida.

I just know my friend's wife really hated it there, which was a big reason they moved away.

Pretty spot on, the bayou is nice if you can live on it which is where my friends do and where I stay when there. The neighborhoods leading in and out sometimes are fairly sketchy though. Florida panhandle is a whole other world to most.

Lived there 3 years at Eglin....arguably the whitest beaches in the world with heavy rental property market that is packed in the summer. Great winter weather for golfers and good offshore sea fishing. We liked it, but residents there miss the unique offerings of urban cities and that's why some dont enjoy it.