Illinois Loyalty Location Census

Where do you currently live?

• IL - Chicago

Votes: 34 6.3%
  • IL - Chicago Suburbs

Votes: 76 14.0%
  • IL - Northern Illinois (Not Chicagoland)

Votes: 22 4.1%
  • IL - Central Illinois

Votes: 112 20.7%
  • IL - Southern Illinois

Votes: 37 6.8%
  • Another state in the Midwest (IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, OH, NE, ND, SD or WI)

Votes: 77 14.2%
  • A Northeastern state (CT, DE, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT or DC)

Votes: 25 4.6%
  • A Southern state (AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA or WV)

Votes: 85 15.7%
  • A Western state (AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, WY)

Votes: 64 11.8%
  • Outside of the United States

Votes: 10 1.8%

• Total voters
I thought this would be fun to see how far reaching the Illinois Loyalty community is after reading about our dear West Lafayette friend who is going to be cheering on the Illini tomorrow night! Forum friends, where are you currently representing Illini Nation? :cool:

(Define Northern IL, Central IL and Southern IL however you normally would, and bear with me on how I chose to define the regions of the country if you disagree with the cutoffs! ;))

Chicago for me!

sacraig

The desert
Texas is so large that, depending on where in the state you mean, you could reasonably call it southern, Southwestern, or even Midwestern to a certain extent.

East side?
Yeah, East side. If you don't believe it, you can talk to my buoy!

extralarge.jpg

Chicagoland needs a break down though.

-The city
—south side
—north side
—west side
—East side

-South suburbs

-West suburbs

-North suburbs

-NW indiana
This can get complicated. For instance, I consider myself to be in Suburban Chicago (NW suburbs, not North or West) and my town is on the Metra UPNW commuter line, but I live closer to downtown Rockford than Downtown Chicago.

Grew up near Springfield, IL. So liking Illini sports was just the closest school with major sports teams.

I went to college at ISU and still live in the Bloomington/Peoria region.

haasi

New York
Non alum fan here, grew up in CU, left for college a long time ago and haven’t lived there since, but my illini fandom has been a constant since about 4 years old.

grew up in Ohio, a Buckeye fan; spent 28 years in C-U as a PhD student and then a professor (season ticket holder starting with Bartow's year), then off to Israel and back after 12 years to South Carolina, but spending most Big Ten bb seasons in Columbus with my eldest son, but always Illini!

Grew up in So IL, went to Illinois and currently live in OKC. Also currently trying to figure out which current or former illini to name my first son after. The wife has already ruled out Kofi and Ayo