Illinois Loyalty Location Census

Where do you currently live?

• IL - Chicago

Votes: 34 6.3%
  • IL - Chicago Suburbs

Votes: 76 14.0%
  • IL - Northern Illinois (Not Chicagoland)

Votes: 22 4.1%
  • IL - Central Illinois

Votes: 112 20.7%
  • IL - Southern Illinois

Votes: 37 6.8%
  • Another state in the Midwest (IN, IA, KS, MI, MN, MO, OH, NE, ND, SD or WI)

Votes: 77 14.2%
  • A Northeastern state (CT, DE, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT or DC)

Votes: 25 4.6%
  • A Southern state (AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, VA or WV)

Votes: 85 15.7%
  • A Western state (AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, WY)

Votes: 64 11.8%
  • Outside of the United States

Votes: 10 1.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 654622

D
Outside my stint in the Marines and my 3rd grade year on a buffalo ranch in Washington, always lived in St. Louis area - ILL side. My love for the Bears and Dick Butkus introduced me to Illinois.

alaaji

Morocco
Grew up in Springfield, IL. Spent one year at UIUC before transferring to another university but I always root for my first love. Currently live in North Africa.

Champaign, IL native that has somehow found myself living in Maine surrounded by Moose and Bear. Actually, I live in Portland which is a decent sized city, but everyone thinks that when I say Maine.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Grew up in Elburn (far far far West Suburbs), followed by Grand Rapids, MI --> Knoxville, TN --> Louisville, KY --> Lubbock, TX --> Cincinnati, OH

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
I know Elburn well. I'm in Genoa currently (Northern IL), but I'm from Canton originally. Go Little Giants!

Living so far from home, and coming from such a small town, has reduced my conversations to me being from Aurora to provide point of reference. But the same can be said for you, Genoa isn't a big town. Good to see some Northern Illinois folks on here.

Live near Springfield OH, grew up in "Southern/Central Illinois" (Marshall). Ended up here after 20 yrs in Air Force!

unimaroon

Baja Ontario
I became a sports fan as a third grader in CU. The Illini were Big Ten Champions in BB & FB, the Bears were the NFL Champions, the Cardinals just missed the pennant (WS champs the next year) and my rooting loyalties were set. After brief forays to STL and NorCal I settled in MI, where I learned about hockey.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
Podunk farm country > Champaign > Bloomington > UIUC > Chicago Burbs > ATL Burbs for the last 22 years

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
I grew up just east of Centralia (So. Ill. for those of you not familiar with anything south of 72 lol). After college I spent about 3 years in Springfield, but I've been in Baltimore, MD for the last 3 years.

any illini bars that you know of here? i live in Fells so Max’s is usually where i watch games

jmilt7

Waukegan
This can get complicated. For instance, I consider myself to be in Suburban Chicago (NW suburbs, not North or West) and my town is on the Metra UPNW commuter line, but I live closer to downtown Rockford than Downtown Chicago.
Agree, and in my case, Waukegan (never thought I would end up here after trying to get away so many times). When I grew up (60s/70s) Waukegan (along with Elgin, Aurora, Joliet and maybe Gary, all about 40 miles from downtown Chicago) were considered satellite cities, not suburbs. They had their own economies, major downtowns, and not that many people commuted into Chicago for jobs. I could go on but I already feel your eyes glaze over. Anyway, nowadays these satellites may be considered to belong to the suburbs category while cities like Rockford are the new satellite cities? I don't know. So am I a suburb or Northern Illinois town?

BMoreIllini

Baltimore, MD
any illini bars that you know of here? i live in Fells so Max’s is usually where i watch games
None that I'm aware of unfortunately. Found an article from Baltimore Magazine and as far as the B1G goes they OSU, PSU, MSU, UW, and UM bars, but nothing for anyone else. My sports bar of choice to go watch an Illini game is City Limits in Locust Point as I live over that way. They've got a ton of TVs on each side of the bar (granted they're a little small) so it's usually not an issue to get them to change one to the Illinois game. Honestly, as long as there's not some huge sporting event going on I've generally never had an issue getting a bar to turn the Illinois game on for me.

MoCoMdIllini

Montgomery County, Maryland
I consider Maryland a southern state in that I can head northbound on I-270 and hit 2 Waffle Houses.

It forms the Mason Dixon line with PA on the one hand, but it is north of the Sweet Tea line.

illini55

The Villages, FL
Grew up in So IL, went to Illinois and currently live in OKC. Also currently trying to figure out which current or former illini to name my first son after. The wife has already ruled out Kofi and Ayo
I'd definitely go with Lucas (Johnson). No one will mess with him!