Illinois Marathon / Half Marathon

alamocityillini

San Antonio
I'll be running in the Illinois Half Marathon in Champaign-Urbana this weekend.; I haven't been back to campus in decades. I know everybody loves Black Dog and Papa Dels, but I'm looking for recommendations on Chinese, Thai or Vietnamese restaurants while I'm in town.

KrushCow31

Former Krush Cow
Chicago, IL
I'll be running in the Illinois Half Marathon in Champaign-Urbana this weekend.; I haven't been back to campus in decades. I know everybody loves Black Dog and Papa Dels, but I'm looking for recommendations on Chinese, Thai or Vietnamese restaurants while I'm in town.

I was always a fan of Lai Lai Wok on Fourth and Green. Haven't eaten there in lie 5 years though so what do I know.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
There is a really good Thai place on Main St in downtown Urbana. Can't recall the name, though.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I haven't been back in awhile (other than a quick drop in) either, but wishing you good luck on the half!

For Thai, I'd recommend Bangkok Thai on Green, just west of Fifth and Pho Cafe Thai Kitchen on Green, between Sixth and Wright.

For Chinese, I'd suggest Golden Harbor on Neil, just South of Springfield or Cravings, on Wright, just North of Green.

Golden Harbor is the only sit down restaruant of my four suggestions. The other three you just order at the counter, then they will bring your food.

These are all in or very near Campustown. I can't speak to the quality of any Chinese or Thai place downtown as I haven't been to any of them.

IlliniSox

Minneapolis, MN
Sadly, Rice Garden in the Union is no longer an option for you. Man did I love their kung pao chicken!

Sorry I know this really wasn't helpful to you at all. Just seemed like a great opportunity to reminisce.