Illinois-Ohio State Game Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point can Illinois say....no thanks? And, be well within their rights to do so.

JJE

Bethalto, IL
I would be shocked if the game is played at this point.

Go Nats 88 Illini

Fairfax, VA
I would be shocked if the game is played at this point.
Not because I do not want to play Ohio State, but this game should be cancelled. No reason to put these kids at risk. We all have been told it could take many days for a person infected with COVID to test positive. This may well be why the Illini had problems after the Wisconsin game. If my kid were on the team. I would not want him to take this risk. We have to take care of our kids, ihmo.

JJE

Bethalto, IL
Maybe someone who has a better understanding can elaborate. At this point is this game a must play for OSU in regards to the CFP?

Maybe someone who has a better understanding can elaborate. At this point is this game a must play for OSU in regards to the CFP?
I don't think so. It won't boost their resume much. If they go undefeated, but only play 7 games, that'd be enough to get them in. OSU certainly wants Northwestern to continue to be highly ranked, so beating them in the B1G Championship Game would give them the most boost.

We should have been the ones to call it off. I donā€™t know if it would have been possible for us to work out a game with a different team with only a few days notice, but itā€™s been clear for a few days that OSU has been out of control and we should have known they would pull the plug at the 11th hour.

I don't think so. It won't boost their resume much. If they go undefeated, but only play 7 games, that'd be enough to get them in. OSU certainly wants Northwestern to continue to be highly ranked, so beating them in the B1G Championship Game would give them the most boost.
Here's where it could get really interesting: B10 teams that have had to cancel, have cancelled 2 games back to back (Wis and Maryland). If that holds, OSU would miss MSU on 12/5, but play Michigan on 12/12. That would only give them 5 games, which would likely make them ineligible for the B10 Championship Game. For kicks sake, say the B10 Champ Game would be Indiana vs. Northwestern.

If OSU goes 5-0, it won't play in B10 Championship Game, but would it still be viewed favorably by the CFP Committee?

Can OSU miss just one game here? Will Gene Smith be making a ton of calls to Park Ridge to try to appeal? Stay tuned.

IlliniKat91

Chicago, IL
Here's where it could get really interesting: B10 teams that have had to cancel, have cancelled 2 games back to back (Wis and Maryland). If that holds, OSU would miss MSU on 12/5, but play Michigan on 12/12. That would only give them 5 games, which would likely make them ineligible for the B10 Championship Game. For kicks sake, say the B10 Champ Game would be Indiana vs. Northwestern.

If OSU goes 5-0, it won't play in B10 Championship Game, but would it still be viewed favorably by the CFP Committee?

Can OSU miss just one game here? Will Gene Smith be making a ton of calls to Park Ridge to try to appeal? Stay tuned.
Rosemont. They moved a few years ago.

Honestly, I'm annoyed by them. Like Nebraska, OSU pushed for a season. Figure out how to play in that case. You wanted this season, so make it happen.

Last edited:

They canā€™t feel good about their playoff hopes hinging on the game with Michigan going ahead as planned. It wouldnā€™t be sporting, but Michigan could hit their rival real hard if they happened to have an ā€œoutbreakā€ of their own forcing a cancellation...

Not likely to happen, but it would sure be funny šŸ˜„

Does it count as a forfeit for tOSU? I was looking forward to playing against a depleted team...like we were for 3 games...

Can we play Wisky on Sunday. That would keep their big ten title hopes alive

Deleted member 746648

D
GIVE US BACK THE TURTLE
a89.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.