Illinois ranked #21 in AP Poll (Jan. 20th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacraig

The desert
Who would've thought we'd be ranked higher than Arizona 2 months after that loss?

Not me, but I think they'll jump pretty quickly here in the near future. They hit a rough patch but they absolutely dominated a ranked Colorado this weekend, so they may have righted the ship.

Woohoo, another victory for #TeamRankingsMatter! :)

Proud of the guys. Let's steal two this week and see where they dare to rank us. :cool:

P.S. I saw a HILARIOUS sign in the Rutgers student section posted online, lol:

UMPIRAU7RNHFTKMPMZMEGSQZWQ.JPG

Good for them, they deserve it ... but let's sweep them.

lstewart53x3

Scottsdale, Arizona
What a wild ride for Michigan this year.

To go from unranked to beating #2 Gonzaga & being ranked #5 to now unranked again - all in the matter of a few weeks.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
Time to add ranked (Tied) #22 in the Coach's Poll, too.
And Andy Katz has us #11! I think that's vastly overrated. If we somehow sweep the next 3, however, I might be able to believe Top 10.

And I also agree that AZ has to be ranked at least one slot ahead of us in the rankings, regardless of where we land.

Don't tell us how to feel. We have a serious team for he first time in a long while, we are strong inside, we guard people and we have a leader/closer. Calm down....no way!!!

I'm just saying don't get your hopes up we might win conf, or we may even miss the tourney if things go bad. We still have terrible outside shooting and Kofi foul trouble away from being a similar team to last year. We have improved, but the Big Ten is killer this year.

IlliniKat91

Chicago, IL
I'm just saying don't get your hopes up we might win conf, or we may even miss the tourney if things go bad. We still have terrible outside shooting and Kofi foul trouble away from being a similar team to last year. We have improved, but the Big Ten is killer this year.

You're new to being a sports fan, aren't you?

Message boards are not the place you go for even-keeled discussion. Just look at every post-game thread we've ever had here.

You're new to being a sports fan, aren't you?

Message boards are not the place you go for even-keeled discussion. Just look at every post-game thread we've ever had here.

Haha not new at all, just trying to think about our chances realistically.

IlliniKat91

Chicago, IL
Haha not new at all, just trying to think about our chances realistically.

I can appreciate wanting to be the voice of reason, but I'd resist it. No one comes to a message board to be told to slow down. Most of us know that a one-game-at-a-time approach is best, but also like riding the crests of the positive waves.

I can appreciate wanting to be the voice of reason, but I'd resist it. No one comes to a message board to be told to slow down. Most of us know that a one-game-at-a-time approach is best, but also like riding the crests of the positive waves.

'Wipe Out' by the Surfaris is now playing in my head.
Thanks Kat. :cool:

.....and if the BTT started today, we'd be the 2 seed and they'd be the 3.
Not to mention that both Michigan and tOSU would be playing in the Wednesday round for bottom feeders. I would not have predicted much or any of this at the beginning of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.