Illinois schedules home-and-home with Arizona in 2019/2020

Illinois scheduled a home and home with Arizona

At Arizona in 2019
At Illinois in 2020

So could play them 3 years in a row if we catch them in Maui.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
They are definitely making it happen on the scheduling front......

They are definitely making it happen on the scheduling front......
Which is good. Playing cupcakes is something a team needs to do (well maybe not), but playing competition better than a bottom third D1 team before conference play will help in its own ways too.

If we really want to get back to the early 00s, this is the kind of opponent we need to schedule (and did schedule back then). Next up: Duke at the UC ;)

This didn't seem appropriate for any of the other existing threads, so I figured I would post it here.

As someone who lives in Tucson, these tickets can't go on sale soon enough.

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/...lini-schedule-home-and-home-with-arizona.html

Moved to Phoenix, will be driving back for that game however...post up first to see ticket sales please!

This scheduling is awesome for us...we make take our lumps initially, but rest assured this WILL get us more PR, win or lose, and more recruits will truly see the playing style and the nationwide coverage that comes with these games....they will begin to come.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Seems like a "can't lose" proposition, since Arizona will probably have to vacate their wins anyway.
1539381549571.png

Damn its hot here in Arizona....Africa hot......FBI hot.....

I'm in So Cal, but pretty sure I'll make the trip over. Don't get many Illini games in So Cal, gotta take 'em (and I'm happy to do so) where you find 'em.
Go Illini !

Konnie

Western Suburbs
What is the possibility that the SFC will be re-seated before the 2020 season? :(

Anyone surprised these are being played on campus and not at a "neutral" site for either school?

A little bit, we used to play all these big time programs at UC (Arizona, Duke, Kansas) but the state of the program was in much better shape. Current state of the program, it would be very dangerous to move some of these games to UC, we definitely do not want to embarrass ourselves in Chicago and just do our opponents a recruiting favor. So SFC works well IMO. Once the state of the program improves (like the early 2000s) it would actually make more sense then to move those games to UC. It would show that UI can compete to a wider audience.