Pregame: Illinois vs Iowa, Saturday, December 5th, 2:30pm CT, FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
One thing you can count on with Iowa is that they will be physical and try to beat the Illini up. Illinois hasn't really had a team that laid the wood on people since the Zook Rose Bowl team.

Deleted member 746648

D
We had more against Nebraska than they did though, not disagreeing just drinking my daily koolaid.
There's a reason Nebraska started a different QB against Iowa.

BZuppke

Plainfield
Would this be a game we blitz their inexperienced QB some?

I’m not sure I get this. I thought the nasal swab was the gold standard PCR test.

Not a medical professional, but my understanding is that different methods can differ in how visible the virus is. An analogy could be like 2 windows on the same side of a house seeing the sun at different points.

The simple answer is that the more kinds of tests we have(assuming they work obv) the better overall picture you get.

Not a medical professional, but my understanding is that different methods can differ in how visible the virus is. An analogy could be like 2 windows on the same side of a house seeing the sun at different points.

The simple answer is that the more kinds of tests we have(assuming they work obv) the better overall picture you get.
Yes, and if you designed, built and installed one of the windows yourself, you would like that view better.

I’m not sure I get this. I thought the nasal swab was the gold standard PCR test.

I thought so too. Like 95 % accurate for the swab and something like 70 % accurate (not sure the actual % accuracy but it something like this) for the saliva test? But that is UI for ya.

Illinir1

Camdenton, MO
Don't forget.....

1606965939337.png

Illinir1

Camdenton, MO
Is that defender still there or is he gone?

it’d be great to see one of our lineman go pancake him on a screen or something.

He's gone. It was Geno Stone's final home game as a Squawkeye. So instead of pancaking someone, I'd settle for a +3 turnover margin. 🏈🏈🏈

I don't think so, we are not a blitzing team and I would rather play to our relative strengths than to the lottery.
Sometimes an occasional blitz is a good idea. We are too predictable too often. Taking a team by surprise can shake things up.

altenberger22

South Carolina
I made my prediction for the Baylor game earlier this week with my heart. Stupid move that was! Still, three things push me toward predicting a Saturday victory vs. the Hawkeyes:

1. Our marked improvement over the past two games
2. A week off, thus getting us healthier
3. The fact that I "want" us to win

Nah, I can't go with my heart again. The oddsmakers are probably right. But I think the margin will be even greater than 14.

Iowa 42
Illini 20

Status
Not open for further replies.