Pregame: Illinois vs Iowa, Saturday, December 5th, 2:30pm CT, FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook

Richmond, VA
2. A week off, thus getting us healthier
Aside from the health, injury angle... my feeling has been under Lovie things like bye weeks, additional prep time for the bowl, and 1st games of the season have really resulted in a lot more negative than positive (like what should help us instead has the opposite effect). Haven't done the research, I could be wrong.

Have to stop the run. Hold them to long 3rd downs. Going to be tough to do without Barnes in there. Going to need best run stoppers. Iowa will probably establish the run and then mix in play action to TE.

offense needs to be balanced against well disciplined Iowa defense.

looking for another entertaining game today!

Looking forward to the game. And happy it is a later game, so I can watch the Baylor-Gonzaga game without having to flip back and forth.

Sorry didn't know where to put this...... Will Peters come back for another season, would appreciate others thoughts.

Illinois is Rece’s Superdog pick of the week on Gameday, FWIW. (I think that just means he’s picking them to cover...don’t watch Gameday much.)

altgeld88

Arlington, Virginia
no joke , my mouth dropped reading this

wow
Yeah. That's harsh. I still can't forget Nov. 1985: #6 Iowa 59 Illini 0 at Kinnick. We'd just tied #4 Michigan 3-3 at home the week before (we failed to win only because a Michigan lineman got a couple fingers on Chris White's FG attempt into the horseshoe end as time expired, and it dinged off the crossbar and back onto the field. That remains my most painful in-person Illini football game memory.)

I lived in Snyder Hall at the time and my room looked out on IMPE (now ARC) and Memorial Stadium. All the preceding week Mike White had the team practice in the stadium with simulated crowd noise, which drove me nuts in the late afternoons. It apparently failed to yield dividends on Saturday.

I'm looking forward to great games from Peters and our receivers. I also hope we have a pass play to a back like the one Purdue used today. Just love that play.

Oh, and an Illinois victory, of course. :hailtotheorange:

illini80

Forgottonia
Win the turnover game and we have a good chance. Will be tough to do. Iowa plays that game better than we do normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.