Pregame: Illinois vs Old Dominion, Saturday, December 14th, 5:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those not familiar with ODU, it's a former sub-campus of William & Mary University, not a research university offering doctorates. Student population about 25,000. Located in Norfolk, VA, it's also famous for one of its former students. I took swimming there when I was about five years old. So it's not to be trifled with.

Seriously, I think our guys know they have to go pedal to the metal against them as much anyone they've gone up against. I think we cover that 15 point spread. I won't get to see the game. I'll be at a concert that starts an hour after the game does. Yes, I'll be following it as much as possible without endangering domestic tranquility.

Deleted member 645583

D
That Tevian is still part of the program is a good sign. Get with the program, Tevian, please - for yourself.

Hopefully BU will try to get the bench going this game. We obviously had some things to work out early in the season. But the core group of six (Kofi, Giorgi, Damonte, Feliz, Ayo, Frazier) has gelled now.

We had zero foul trouble against Michigan, but we are a physical team and some refs won't like that. There will be a handful of games where Kipper, Griffin, Tev, or maybe even BBV giving us 10-15 pts is the difference between a win and loss. I hope we can try to get them some confidence in this game and against NC A&T.

Deleted member 645583

D
For those not familiar with ODU, it's a former sub-campus of William & Mary University, not a research university offering doctorates. Student population about 25,000. Located in Norfolk, VA, it's also famous for one of its former students. I took swimming there when I was about five years old. So it's not to be trifled with.

Seriously, I think our guys know they have to go pedal to the metal against them as much anyone they've gone up against. I think we cover that 15 point spread. I won't get to see the game. I'll be at a concert that starts an hour after the game does. Yes, I'll be following it as much as possible without endangering domestic tranquility.
A word to the wise: never endanger domestic tranquility! I learned the hard way, men. No abuse on my part, but she was the real force and pack-leader, not me. I didn't understand. Marry a woman; stay at all costs.

No letdown today for Illini. I take Old D seriously, especially their swim team, which Illinois don't have! And why doesn't ILL have a swim team?

Last edited by a moderator:
Parity throughout - not only in the conference but across all of college hoops. Gotta bring it every night (or every day, guys).

I drive by ODU often. Strikes me as the 5th year of high school for many of the less aspiring students in the region.

Status
Not open for further replies.