In Their Honor

No otters, no eagles. No lions, tigers or bears. And alas, no longer any Chief Illiniwek as we have known him.

But the next step is here, In Their Honor! It's a beginning.

In Their Honor!

breadman

Herndon, VA
1970 John,
Thanks so much for bringing this to the attention of Illinois Loyalty nation.
I had not seen this film before now and have learned something new today.

1970 John,
Thanks so much for bringing this to the attention of Illinois Loyalty nation.
I had not seen this film before now and have learned something new today.
This was presented to the Trustees just a couple of weeks ago. In addition to this, a number of people spoke in a similar vein. I love that the title is a direct dig at Rosenstein.

breadman

Herndon, VA
This was presented to the Trustees just a couple of weeks ago. In addition to this, a number of people spoke in a similar vein. I love that the title is a direct dig at Rosenstein.

WOW. That recent? Did this get any press whatsoever? Even just locally? And for what purpose was this made and presented?
I thought making that connection from the fighting doughboys to the fighting illiniwek's was interesting.

WOW. That recent? Did this get any press whatsoever? Even just locally? And for what purpose was this made and presented?
I thought making that connection from the fighting doughboys to the fighting illiniwek's was interesting.
There are people who want to make this happen. Why didn't it get any press? I guess if there were any media at the trustees meeting, they didn't consider it worth reporting. So basically it's up to us to share it as much as possible, and take whatever other actions you think should be taken. The chancellor should know that people would like to see it happen.

Who knows, this could be just the beginning.