Indiana 103, Illinois 69 POSTGAME

Dan

Admin
orange-koolaid-02.jpg

We are the NAIA team playing the big boys so that they can get their manager into the game when they get up. 45.

Illini basketball.

Soxfreak64

Bloomington
I have a feeling Groce just lost his job. He might not go until the end of the season, but his time here is over. The presser will prove that.

I wonder if IU fans will use Blackmon's injury as an excuse as to why they didn't hit 130 on us tonight.

FinalFour88

Charlotte, NC
Hey coach, if you want the guys to stop playing hero ball, coach them to stop playing hero ball.

No excuses, Groce. Man up and don't blame your players. Your game plans stink with regularity.

ritster

Wheaton, IL
I'm all for blowing this thing up tonight, I don't care if we have a permanent AD or not. Tonight was unacceptable. Let Lou Henson finish the season if he would be willing and physically able. Would not be any worse

homesickalien

Springfield
We're not even competitive and just getting blown out. This staff has lost the team and their jobs. Time to start over.

Beyond coaching, recruiting misses and injuries there is no leadership on the court right now. Sorry state of affairs...

DeadIShooter

Supreme Сasual Dating - Living Women
GB
Hey coach, if you want the guys to stop playing hero ball, coach them to stop playing hero ball.

The offense we're seeing lately promotes hero ball exclusively. All we do is take turns holding the ball at the top of the key until it's time to go one on one. What's the alternative here?

We are a bad, bad basketball team and it isn't all injuries. Our defense and rebounding are the worst I have ever seen as an Illini fan. Our team defense is pathetic. We stare at the ball and have no idea what is going on around us. Layup after layup after open three. The Purdue game was the anomaly. How can you defend this?

Groce - Nice guy but a mid-level MAC coach that got lucky in the tournament and rode that luck to becoming a millionaire. Wish he could have learned on the job, but repeating the same empty words with no behavior changes shows he is in over his head from a coaching acumen standpoint. Our team literally looks lost.

Time to move on.

Clearly out-classed here tonight but hate to see the boys look so inept in the process. Just doesn't seem like the same team that beat Purdue at all. While I am sure that many are going to blame coaching here, I really think it has to do more with on the floor leadership and the inability to execute. I just don't see this team trying to play consistent team ball. They look pretty good when they do but really awful when things break down.

Good to see big Mike get back tonight. 9 points and 9 rebounds in 16 min. is great for his first game back.

Indy 103 points Illinois 69-

A take you to the wood shed 34 point beating- What the Hell just happened here? Illinois looked tired and out of sync the whole game. The game plan to get Thorne involved failed miserably.

I just don't get it-We have the talent to be playing at a much higher cieling as a unit than where we find ourselves today.