Well, we have so many problems on this team it is hard to even list them all, but through all of that we really never did quit. We are bad, but IU is good even our good teams lost to them in Bloomington. I really really hope Kane is not ineligible. We get Jones back and maybe BU will play Jones, AG and I hope Kane to get experience. I have a bad feeling about Kane though. You thought for sure when you only got 10 minutes out of KN he would have got time?
1. Georgi is going to be a hell of a player by the time he hangs it up here.
2. Ayo is going to be a hell of a player by the time he hangs it up here
3. Frazier is a hell of a player, just has been very inconsistent this year, but it happens a lot as a sophomore, next year he’s going to be an All-Conference player
4. Griffin really needs to gain some confidence in his ballhandling, and work on his lateral quickness on defense. Seems lost and scared to play at times, but he really does have a ton of potential.
5. De La Rosa actually had a surprisingly decent performance. Aggressively went for some rebounds, had a nice finish, and looks to be in much better game shape. He gets a passing grade from me tonight.
6. Kipper is just who he is at this point. Doubt he transfers based on his Tulane situation, but man he is a major disappointment. Doesn’t mean he can’t turn it around but there clearly is something wrong with him.
7. Indiana has a lot of athletic wings, we have 1 that hasn’t played in 8 games, hope he sees some tick the rest of the way.
9. What I said about kipper, seems to be the same for Damonte. Kid has potential, but needs to look for his shot. Love his attitude and aggressiveness but just seems to be just “out there” instead of playing, if that makes sense.
8. Overall, was expecting a loss, and pleasantly pleased we covered. We have some pieces to work with, and this entire season is for next year at this point. Hopefully we can build on parts of this game.
Was watching the game in the living room, my brother walked when Illinois were up 10. Said wow look s like a blow out in the making. I laughed said no just sit and watch they will blow this lead by half. Be down double digits second half. Lol very predictable.
I agree with every stat you posted, but consider Frazier didn't have A game, along with Kipper, with early foul trouble, way too many turnovers and fouls resulting in ft points, we had a chance late on their home floor and did most when most throw it in, I love the fight, good games by Ayo , and GB also Aaron solid but wish a few more points, we're getting better but need to work in Tev and Kane sooner rather than later.
I'm guessing there's something wrong with this statement in your eyes? I'm guessing you would be happier if he said, we're bad, I should be fired and start the program over again? It's called trying to keep an extremely young team on board with what your trying to accomplish.