Iowa 19, Illinois 10 POSTGAME

Agree, that team has improved a great deal. This game was a legit challenge, and team should feel as good about this loss as any.

QB and play-calling still the biggest weakness, IMO. No reason not to run the ball more. Our RBs are the biggest strength and QB biggest weakness. I think this team is 8-3 or 9-2 with better play-calling this season. Feel like a crazy person saying that, but EMU, NEB, and Iowa games were all there for the taking.

I’m disappointed by the outcome, but I’ll take a competitive loss over a blowout. I’ll be very happy with 7-5 and a bowl win, but this should have been a 9-3 season. The team just needed some time to hit their stride. Next year’s schedule isn’t easy, but I need us to overcome and win the West. Overall very happy to see us trending upward.

Just took another peek and 2020 doesn’t actually look too bad. We get Purdue, Minnesota, and Iowa at home. Nebraska isn’t a good team, but who knows where they’ll be next year. Wisconsin in Madison will be tough. Northwestern is beatable. Ohio State late in the season at home is terrifying, lol. We could win at Indiana and Rutgers and our non conference schedule is a joke.

I’m disappointed by the outcome, but I’ll take a competitive loss over a blowout. I’ll be very happy with 7-5 and a bowl win, but this should have been a 9-3 season. The team just needed some time to hit their stride. Next year’s schedule isn’t easy, but I need us to overcome and win the West. Overall very happy to see us trending upward.

I will continue to argue that if we had beat EMU and Nebraska, we definitely don't beat Wisconsin and I'm not sure on MSU. I totally understand your perspective, and it would have been nice to do even better, but like you I am happy with 7-5 (still need to win to get to that point).

Just took another peek and 2020 doesn’t actually look too bad. We get Purdue, Minnesota, and Iowa at home. Nebraska isn’t a good team, but who knows where they’ll be next year. Wisconsin in Madison will be tough. Northwestern is beatable. Ohio State late in the season at home is terrifying, lol. We could win at Indiana and Rutgers and our non conference schedule is a joke.

for them!