Iowa 68, Illinois 60 POSTGAME

Austin, TX
I don't understand why we can't have KN and MH play hot when RR is in. Why is my life so hard as an Illini fan? WHY?

We're in a hole, but three wins in a row is still possible. Every "fan" that is locking us in the NIT already, should ban themselves if we make the NCAA tourney.
Are you sure three wins gets us in? Bad time of year to go on a three game skid, and I don't know if there is any team in the B10 we can count as a win in the tourney.

Also, Purdue is a lot tougher matchup than Iowa. I have been a fan for a long time, but reality is a cruel mistress.

Bloomington
We're in a hole, but three wins in a row is still possible. Every "fan" that is locking us in the NIT already, should ban themselves if we make the NCAA tourney.
We're not locked into the NIT yet, but we're officially on the wrong side of the bubble.

Groce hasn't brought a big man or a point guard. Those glaring holes in the roster killed us in this game. No one could match up with white. No one coming in next year can match up with a guy like white either. That's a problem.

I get people are upset but weren't we supposed to lose this game? Given the circumstances, I can't really call this season a "disapointment" unless we lose at home again.

Beat Northwestern.
Go Illini :illinois::shield::chief:

Sycamore, Illinois
Let's not overreact. Tonight didn't tell us anything new about this team we didn't already know. It's a rebuilding process and the talent is coming. More depth = more competition = better team.
I can't imagine the amount of talent someone would need to be successful running this offense.

Starks takes the dumbest shots
Nunn killed us
Mav should not play high D1
Nanna has no idea where he is

Groce got crushed tonight. We do not stop baseline on a team that cant do much in the lane. We have no idea how to break a defense that doubles the ball on every possession. Just terrible. Ran out of TOs with 5 mins left. No pressure on a team with no guards.
Nunn stat line was better than MHs...without AS, would have been a blowout in 1st half

Little Rock, Arkansas
Honestly, I think with all the turmoil of the season, I would be ecstatic for us making the tourney. However, I am going to give Groce a mulligan for this year. If he had the team he had recruited things may have been different.

I'll just keep watching Illini basketball and keep rooting for them and not be nervous about the tourney anymore.

We're not locked into the NIT yet, but we're officially on the wrong side of the bubble.
Kinda reads like we are on the bubble for not making the NIT...I know that's not the intent...boy that would be scary for us to implode and not make the NIT

Bloomington
Honestly, I think with all the turmoil of the season, I would be ecstatic for us making the tourney. However, I am going to give Groce a mulligan for this year. If he had the team he had recruited things may have been different.

I'll just keep watching Illini basketball and keep rooting for them and not be nervous about the tourney anymore.
All we can do! We've got a nice infusion of talent next year, especially if JCL can play some at the 1 or if we're lucky enough to land a guy like Lovett or a 5th year big.

We'll get there. And if we don't, we'll start fresh and get there soon.

Bloomington
Kinda reads like we are on the bubble for not making the NIT...I know that's not the intent...boy that would be scary for us to implode and not make the NIT
Thankfully I think that's probably impossible.

Bloomington
anyone notice Rice will not pass to Nunn/Hill?
More like Nunn/Hill often won't move to open space when Rice or Starks have the ball.

Rice has been a less than willing passer in the past (I'd argue that has changed), and we know what Starks can be like.

Chicago
Once again it was a cold stretch in the 2nd half that just killed us. From the 12:41 mark, when Starks hit a 3 to pull us within 1 (46-47), to the 5:54 mark, we went 1-9 with 4 turnovers and (somewhat surprisingly) we were only down by 8 points, when Hill hit a jumper to break the spell.

I can't imagine the amount of talent someone would need to be successful running this offense.
it is the same offense tO$U has used since 2006, Ohio used to beat Georgetown in 2010 and then Michigan in 2012 on the way to almost knocking off Carolina. You think all those teams all had better talent than UIUC? Talent is coming and it fits the system. Still need a pg and a big ...no doubt