Iowa 72, Illinois 65 POSTGAME

Glad Chin stuck up for us. Thinking it’s gotta be in regards to that last dunk by Wieskamp, can’t stand that guy and the way he carries himself, nor Fran’s son for that matter with the same demeanor

azillini1

Scottsdale
We had our chances. Garza is a nightmare for us.

Ayo and Kofi simply weren’t good enough today.

Giorgi bone head turnover KILLED us.

Incredible effort by Feliz today.
He had 4 TO's and lazily missed the layup when we were still in it.

Bverdec

West Palm Beach, FL
I put this loss squarely on Giorgi. Can't make that stupid !!! lackadaisical pass at that point of the game. All we had to is hold on to the ball. At worst take a 2 point lead down the stretch. But no, he handed Iowa the tie. I wish Brad would have kept him out the rest of the game as punishment.

BMoreIllini

Baltimore, MD
So Chin had words with Fran and Fran pouts and walks away?
My guess is Chin said something about Fran's son Connor throwing that baseball pass that led to the dunk to put them up 10 when they could have run the clock out. I'm guessing something along the lines of, "Is that the sportsmanship you taught your son?" (Add colorful language as you see fit).

I'm just glad it was Chin and not one of our players that said/did something. Fran's trash for sending his players off and skipping handshakes though.

We knew it would be 8 vs 5 .......always is at carver Hawkeye. Definitely need Ayo and Kofi to show up to win tough road games.
If you want to blame the stripes, you can, but up six when GB did that....that was what changed things. Let's be honest.....they played better in the last five minutes. These games have been going our way for a month.....today it didn't.

Deleted member 746654

D
There was no fight.
Chin said something and Fran acted like a tool and stopped his team from shaking hands

Deleted member 746273

D
Who the hell cares if they dunk at the end of the game? I hope that's not what they were mad about. That's lame.

You dont want them to dunk? Stop them

I think his boy was mad that we played tight defense until the final whistle and started chirping.