Iowa 72, Illinois 65 POSTGAME

Nothing about this game surprise me....except...the deep drive this team has developed to never quit and never stop believing they will win and finding a way to get that done. Sure, it was inevitable that after fighting through 7 tough wins things would finally not go their way. That was almost a certainty...and in Carver Hawkeye my feeling was that the matchup would prove insurmountable for our guys. But one thing that was not insurmountable was their heart and determination...and that is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.. I see it as bright as the sun and I see the talent mixing, cooking and getting ready to be served a B1G title. This team is just that and just need to keep chopping wood and playing for each other and good things will happen. I hate seeing them lose, but I can handle them losing when playing competently and with the heart and determination we saw today on the toughest conference road in the country that is the B1G. Now, there is some payback to be done against the turtles.

Deleted member 11228

D
Who the hell cares if they dunk at the end of the game? I hope that's not what they were mad about. That's lame.

You dont want them to dunk? Stop them
Well a lot of people do are else they wouldn't get upset about it. It's just something you don't do at the end of the game. Just dribbling the clock out or allow us to foul them. Throwing a freaking baseball pass with 30 seconds to go and up by 8 points is not the way go. So that's the hell why we care.

Iowa has a good team. Won't be easy to beat them in Champaign. McCaffrey a good coach. Fun game. Feliz was great.
Lol.... Iowa won't have the refs to help them in Champaign! Foul trouble changes how you guard, go after rebounds, play help defense, e.t.c... Game was definitely not called evenly... go back and watch! We battled against the team and the refs all game. Im proud of this team... its all about ther bigger picture!

azillini1

Scottsdale
He will learn. He needs to keep the ball higher, be more decisve (he doesn't need all the ball fakes), and understand where the double team comes from. He's going to be great with some conditioning and teaching.
He needs to learn how to seal off his man a little better by taking better angles. Needs to slam the ball instead of always dribbling it down low.

Deleted member 11228

D
He directly talked to our bench
Not the first time either from Iowa. I think Garza did it to another team a few games ago. Iowa players rub me the wrong way. Too much chest pumping and talking to the other teams bench during the game. I don't see this in college basketball most of the time but Iowa it seems to be a routine thing.

Power

Little Wabash River , Southern IL.
Chin and Gentry fired up at the end. I'm guessing either when Garza hits his final 3, was he talking to our bench? Or was it the run out dunk?
he absolutely taunted Illinois bench directly in front of referee

He had 4 TO's and lazily missed the layup when we were still in it.

True he had an off game, he also had to bump and attempt to handle an All American inside/out player for a large part of the game. Giorgi has brought way more to our team than what he has done to hurt us. His 4 turnovers and missed layup did not cost us this game...the critical foul calls against us at specific times did more than this.

Good game and good effort by Illini. Tough to win on the road. A fair amount of silly mistakes — Trent and AG not knowing where they were on court and stepping out of bounds, Giorgi’s terrible, lackadaisical pass in backcourt, Trent’s ill advised pass to Kofi — as well as some missed free throws sealed the Illini’s fate. For me the most concerning thing was that other than Feliz the team too often seemed to forget how to play against the zone.

DB11Headband

Chicago Burbs
Not the first time either from Iowa. I think Garza did it to another team a few games ago. Iowa players rub me the wrong way. Too much chest pumping and talking to the other teams bench during the game. I don't see this in college basketball most of the time but Iowa it seems to be a routine thing.
This^ you would think that they were the undisputed number 1 team in the country with the way they act. Again, they’re coached by the resident Mr. Morality in the B1G

Chilliniwek

Chicagoland
Garza not only was talking, but he did the Dee Brown "jersey pull" right at our bench after his last 3. And yes, Fran is a classless tool.

altgeld88

Arlington, Virginia
Reminded of Fran chasing ref into tunnel at tOSU last season (?) and melting down so badly he was forced to apologize publicly afterward.

Unmitigated tool.

Sunday March 8. Final game on final day of BT regular season. At SFC. Mark it.

Deleted member 746654

D
There is no room in college sports to talk !!!! to the other bench. Celebrate all you want, pound your chest, flail your arms at the crowd but no to the other bench. This leads to issues

ILLINIShox24

Orange Krush '04 & '05
I'm glad our win streak was broken in a game we were an underdog in. Now lets get back on track with Maryland.