Iowa 95, Illinois 71 POSTGAME

I am just saying that to build a team like we all want, we need to subtract a few pieces and add a few more. It really isn’t that far away.
I finally see a culture and I have not seen that in 13 years!

Not gonna go that far, but I agree the culture seems to be improving.

We lost. On the road. To a top-25 team. That was playing well and shooting extremely well. After we had a great home victory.

That's what freshmen teams tend to do. Not gonna worry about it --just want to see if they rebound mentally and tighten it up vs Wiscy.

Ayo is not ready....AJ gives us some consistancy in the lineup, Frazier is in a serious slump, Giorgi continues to play over his freshman age, Jones will be something if he can ever stay on the court, Kane gives us some defense, Griffin can give us some offense if he plays enough to play loose, Kipper is well, soon to be gone.

Most anticipated, underwhelming game in quite some time.
AG is offense plus...3 for 4 in 7 min at Iowa and a board. I'm "all in" on adding Kane and Griffin minutes.

Still all in! The team was still fighting with 3 min to go...4-5 pieces do not belong and 3-4 are still on bubble on whether they belong! Give it time because the cream is rising!
Ok....so as many as 9 of our players either don't belong or are on the bubble. Seems kind of extreme, iyam. Is that leaving ...Trent, Giorgi and Ayo?

Illinois defense was all about, Bad Closeout + Lazy Post D + Insane Overplay=Open 3's.
I agree. I kinda wished that Samba played more (along with Giorgi at the same time) as he alters the overall defense. In fact, with both Giorgi and Samba in at the same time changes the entire way the defense could be played, the interior defense improves, double teams would not be so necessary, so open 3's should be minimized. I said should. On offense, twin towers offers more offensive potential inside, maybe more rebounding etc.

Did they announcers in that game say Giorgi is 20 years old? Is that right? Did everyone but me know that before?

Ok....so as many as 9 of our players either don't belong or are on the bubble. Seems kind of extreme, iyam. Is that leaving ...Trent, Giorgi and Ayo?
May be extreme but compare the talent of this team to any team that has competed for a BIG title. You could only label 3-4 guys as “yes they belong.” In a few years we will have many more!

kcib8130

Parts Unknown
Ayo is not ready....AJ gives us some consistancy in the lineup, Frazier is in a serious slump, Giorgi continues to play over his freshman age, Jones will be something if he can ever stay on the court, Kane gives us some defense, Griffin can give us some offense if he plays enough to play loose, Kipper is well, soon to be gone.

Most anticipated, underwhelming game in quite some time.

He was the only reason we were remotely competitive in the first half.

Still in a serious slump. He was 4-18 and I think 0-9 in second half.
I have noticed that rarely, if at all, are both guards hot at same time. Could they have a hard time coexisting right now? I mean that in a good way because I know they are very tight. It was easy last year because Trent was the only star

I have noticed that rarely, if at all, are both guards hot at same time. Could they have a hard time coexisting right now? I mean that in a good way because I know they are very tight. It was easy last year because Trent was the only star
I agree with you and Coach has to do something about this or recruiting won't change anything.

May be extreme but compare the talent of this team to any team that has competed for a BIG title. You could only label 3-4 guys as “yes they belong.” In a few years we will have many more!

Giorgi, Ayo, and Trent's stats compare very well with stars of the past. However there were at least two more players on those teams with good stats and players like Brian Cook when they were freshmen. KC may be one piece but we need development from Tevian, Samba and Alan to compete as well as new additions. Believe we will have the talent if we can develop the chemistry but three on five doesn't work.

Giorgi, Ayo, and Trent's stats compare very well with stars of the past. However there were at least two more players on those teams with good stats and players like Brian Cook when they were freshmen. KC may be one piece but we need development from Tevian, Samba and Alan to compete as well as new additions. Believe we will have the talent if we can develop the chemistry but three on five doesn't work.
You and I are somewhat in agreement! We do need development but we need to add more recruits that have tools to work with. Problem with last several teams is that if players do not possess raw skills it is impossible to develop what is Not there!

You and I are somewhat in agreement! We do need development but we need to add more recruits that have tools to work with. Problem with last several teams is that if players do not possess raw skills it is impossible to develop what is Not there!

Athleticism? Basketball IQ? Size? Length? Not sure I understand. Antwan January looks to be a aggressive athlete to me but not sure this is what you mean.