[YOUTUBE]ozIRB9-pKA0[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]cMNP4Zl0Nuo[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]qLhT-0AvEag[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]pH1udgtvzu4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Deleted member 631370

D
Well, at least this season is over.

Swept by an Iowa team full of freshmen and sophomores isn't how you want to end it, but whatever.

Gotta recruit. And recruit. And recruit. And recruit.

Bailey

Los Angeles
time to all turn our attention to the white sox thread

This is going to burn for nearly 9 months. It is still Feb. :mad:

81-26 over two games. I know we're bad, but we're not that bad. Hope we get a better deal next year.

DB11Headband

Chicago Burbs
Losing to a team that is not better than you is a tough way to go out. Free throw discrepancy was comical.

Let’s pretend this season never happened and hope this misery is somehow behind us for good.

I hope Illinois plays Iowa four times next year. Give them two regular season matchups, beat them in the BTT, and then end them in the NCAAs.

I never really got the Iowa hate but I feel it now...

Can someone explain that inbounds play Iowa did when the score was 87 92? Guy gets ball from ref, another guy runs along baseline (out of bounds) and first guys "passes" ball to second guy. Second guy inbounds it back to first who has run in bounds. Didnt know you could do that but I guess it makes sense.

Disappointing season, but just an unbalanced team. Field goal defense needs to improve. I Like all the players and don't want to see any transfers, but definitely need to get a rim protector and more confidence.

Perfect end to the season;

Fought valiantly, but clearly not enough talent, and not enough size, and not enough defense to beat a mediocre Iowa team.

We can't afford off games by Leron and Trent - the supporting cast isn't good enough.

We have some good pieces, but as they say, "Parts is parts, and pieces is pieces"

I Bomb

Stylin' and Profilin'
Can someone explain that inbounds play Iowa did when the score was 87 92? Guy gets ball from ref, another guy runs along baseline (out of bounds) and first guys "passes" ball to second guy. Second guy inbounds it back to first who has run in bounds. Didnt know you could do that but I guess it makes sense.

If it's after a made basket you can run the baseline, I believe.

Honestly I'm kinda glad it's done because I firmly believe Michigan would've wrecked us anyways.

While I agree, it would have been nice to get a win over what has been a bad Iowa team. That & just going out day one just burns.

Villanova did this to Georgetown when they beat them for the NC in 1985. Most posters weren't born yet.

Well here is to another off-season of futile recruiting news, the next best 5th year grad big available to save us, the endless speculation of transfers, the number of scholarships that will be open, the most recent conversation over uniforms, and finally the need for a mascot or simply to bring the Chief back....

Last edited:

Illinifan1951

Southeastern Illinois
Shon Morris was asking Bohannon about their bigs taking Leron out of the game. He said they did a great job but forgot to give any credit to the Iowa guys in the striped shirts.