Italy Tour

Deleted member 649710

D
How did Giorgi and Dr. Dunk get through?
Citizens of their countries can travel to the Schengen zone without a visa.

Many countries have ways to expedite a visa issuance in 24-48 hours. I don’t know if Italy is one of these, but there is an Italian consulate in Miami with a visa office. University officials better be on the phone pulling every string they can; often a call from a well-placed Foreign trade official or US State Dept official can grease the necessary wheels. In any event, what an amateurish screw up this was by someone at DIA and/or the travel agency.

Deleted member 29907

D
Citizens of their countries can travel to the Schengen zone without a visa.

Many countries have ways to expedite a visa issuance in 24-48 hours. I don’t know if Italy is one of these, but there is an Italian consulate in Miami with a visa office. University officials better be on the phone pulling every string they can; often a call from a well-placed Foreign trade official or US State Dept official can grease the necessary wheels. In any event, what an amateurish screw up this was by someone at DIA and/or the travel agency.

1565111952560.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Illini went small ball to start game, Tyler, Zach Griffith, Kipper, Trent and Ayo in starting lineup.

Last edited:
62-34 HT, this Italian team is weakest of the 4 we play. ARC level competition. Ayo with 17 and TF with 14.

Last edited:

sbillini

st petersburg, fl
Visa acquisition is the responsibility of the University. Don't blame this on some travel agent. Could you imagine this happening to a Duke or UNC player?

Are you sure about that? I've had multiple trips to countries needing visas on non-personal trips (mostly corporate). The visa has typically been taken care of by the travel agent hired to coordinate the trip (I've actually had to send my physical passport to them for the visa to be added). In fact, I had a trip to China as a UIUC student for which the university hired a travel agent, and I'm pretty sure the visa was handled by the travel agent in that case as well.

Regardless, bad look there. Sometimes you have issues where it takes longer than it should to get the visa,a nd you can't really do anything about it. In that case, though, I'm guessing they wouldn't have gone to Miami in the first place and just stayed in Champaign. In the case where they thought they had a visa and showed up to Miami under that assumption but were denied boarding by the airline - someone goofed up there.

Work trips usually have less lead time. This has been on the schedule for months. No reason it should not have been taken care of a long time ago. Anyways, hope they don't miss the whole trip and get some pasta and playing time in Italy.

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois
Is anyone posting here actually in the gym in Italy because that would be an awesome favor to us @ IL to keep up the constant scouting report....