Italy Tour

illini80

Forgottonia
I mean yeah don’t get me wrong that would be great and all but to me it’s the memories that they’ll make off the court, on a trip like this, that they’re really missing out on.
Well, personally sure its a trip of a lifetime. But this is about what I want. Lol.

Nice video Rob. Hopefully he has more footage. Ayo was clearly looking to score, his shot looks a little smoother with a higher release from what I could tell. Nice to see Kipper scoring inside and out on back to back possessions. Didn’t like Griffin getting swiped on the ball screen.

GB and DW combine for 0-4 on 3’s. Small sample size means nothing, but hope these two have much better success the rest of the trip on that.

If DMW can pull down 10 boards and 5 steals, especially if he cleans up those 3 turnovers I'd be okay with him shooting 2-4 and not putting up a single 3. He'd still get 20+ minutes per game if he does that and we'll just get our scoring from the other 4 positions. Giorgi did promise me 3s though so I am waiting to see those.

My takes on the remaining scholarship players:

Ayo clearly is above this level of competition. His stat line and the video I saw look great.

Alan's stat line was amazing. If he can shoot and Rebound like that while tightening up the turnovers he's going to get big time minutes.

Trent looks to be as good as last year. Sure, he only shot 2/7 (29%) from 3 but if he made 1 more (3/8) he'd have shot 38% or if he shot 1 less (2/6) he'd have shot 33% so I'm not reading too much into his 3P% with such a small sample size. He's already shown he can shoot so I trust him.

Kipper played well. I'd love to see him keep up that scoring as the competition picks up. Hard to get a feel for his defense from the given stats but if he's playing solid D at the 4 that's a plus for us this year as well.

Tevian seems like he struggled to finish his shots. Hope that's just jet lag, too much excitement about Italy and that he figures it out in the next game.

Hope Kofi can make it so we get at least a little bit of playing time with Kofi + Giorgi together. Only so much this team can do in practice without any other Bigs for them to go up against on the team. Obviously would love for Feliz to make it as well!

DReq

Always Illini
Central Illinois
If DMW can pull down 10 boards and 5 steals, especially if he cleans up those 3 turnovers I'd be okay with him shooting 2-4 and not putting up a single 3. He'd still get 20+ minutes per game if he does that and we'll just get our scoring from the other 4 positions. Giorgi did promise me 3s though so I am waiting to see those.

Well, Giorgi lost 290 pounds and 7 feet of height he was counting on when he promised those threes. Makes a difference.

Sounds like they could of got a better game at the local Y. Don't know where the fault lies, but having to leave AF and KC behind is really inexcusable considering how much time UofI had to plan for this. Feel bad for the players.

I
Sounds like they could of got a better game at the local Y. Don't know where the fault lies, but having to leave AF and KC behind is really inexcusable considering how much time UofI had to plan for this. Feel bad for the players.

Is there any word if they are going to make it to Italy at all? This is unbelievable