Italy Tour

sacraig

The desert
I'm sorry, but I'm an American who has worked and lived in 40 foreign countries over the past 50 years, and have traveled extensively to third countries with very little pain or problem. Mainly because of my great education from my favorite Alma Mater (UI) and the US Army, my planning skills have enabled me to iron out these problems in advance of travel...
Plus, the problem that Mediterranean Europe is having in migration is about people 'without' documents of any kind - No Passports, No Visa's and No Entry Permits.... They aren't having problems with people who have these documents, and are traveling in 'Sanctioned Tour Groups'.... Respectfully submitted...

I am aware that Europe's migration crisis right now is based largely on undocumented refugees. However, I think we can probably all agree that when things like this happens, it absolutely affects the legal migration apparatus as well, whether for practical or political reasons. Additionally, you are, as an American, traveling from an industrialized country that is generally not embargoed or restricted by other countries and you live in the country of which you are a citizen. Kofi (Jamaica) and Feliz (DR) cannot claim either of those benefits.

So yes, it's very possible that DIA/UI dropped the ball in some way here. It's also very possible that they've been working on this for months and only at the last minute did they get notified of visa issues by the Italian consulate. We simply do not have enough information to know the answer here one way or the other.

If, as it appears, Tevian and AG have performed better than DMW, he will be relegated to a 9th or 10th man role, however it is still too early for minutes breakdown.

I doubt the players' performance against the first 2 teams in Italy, while jet lagged, hot, and against lower competition, will have much (if any) impact on their roles this upcoming season.

That being said I think Williams has been the more impactful player between him and Jones so far in Italy. It is a little difficult to show that via stats since most stats focus on offense rather than defense. What the stats do show, support my opinion that Williams is a clear team player, building up those around him. Williams has more rebounds, way more assists, and way more steals than Jones which result in more possessions for Illinois. Also, while Williams is not great at scoring, he's not an offensive liability as he's still a 33% shooter which allows Underwood to put him on the court for his defensive abilities.

As the assistant coach said after game 1 in Italy, with Williams you know what you're going to get.

Can anyone determine if that is BBV standing at the left in the huddle. If so, what a great sign that is.

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 2.13.25 PM.png

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
I am aware that Europe's migration crisis right now is based largely on undocumented refugees. However, I think we can probably all agree that when things like this happens, it absolutely affects the legal migration apparatus as well, whether for practical or political reasons. Additionally, you are, as an American, traveling from an industrialized country that is generally not embargoed or restricted by other countries and you live in the country of which you are a citizen. Kofi (Jamaica) and Feliz (DR) cannot claim either of those benefits.

So yes, it's very possible that DIA/UI dropped the ball in some way here. It's also very possible that they've been working on this for months and only at the last minute did they get notified of visa issues by the Italian consulate. We simply do not have enough information to know the answer here one way or the other.

Let me also add that I have traveled with individuals traveling with passports from third world and developing countries, and many, many times they had the right documents and were still harassed at the border. I remember having to wait for hours before being able to move on. Add on any confusion about requirements from the local country about visas, and having to call a regional office that might be closed, and disinterested local officials, and it just gets harder. We totally underestimate the priveledge we have traveling with American passports.

This. The timeline, reasoning and motivation of visa issuance or denial is completely beyond the control of the applicants, who have zero leverage. Consulates are like little kingdom's, and their decision making is final unless the Ministry gets involved directly. But even then, they'd probably just tell you to apply at a different consulate.

The visas were probably denied because of the country of issue of Kofi and Feliz's passports. Current events.

Deleted member 29907

D
Let me also add that I have traveled with individuals traveling with passports from third world and developing countries, and many, many times they had the right documents and were still harassed at the border. I remember having to wait for hours before being able to move on. Add on any confusion about requirements from the local country about visas, and having to call a regional office that might be closed, and disinterested local officials, and it just gets harder. We totally underestimate the priveledge we have traveling with American passports.
This. The timeline, reasoning and motivation of visa issuance or denial is completely beyond the control of the applicants, who have zero leverage. Consulates are like little kingdom's, and their decision making is final unless the Ministry gets involved directly. But even then, they'd probably just tell you to apply at a different consulate.

The visas were probably denied because of the country of issue of Kofi and Feliz's passports. Current events.
Perhaps you guys are unaware of the "Missed Italy Tour" thread...

What you're talking about is literally called "the power of the blue" by foreign travelers, in reference to the color of the American passport.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Add in Kofi and Feliz and the 2 other freshman, and WOW! There is so much more depth this season. Zach Griffith has done a good job as a player who possibly can give some extra minutes. Happy to see TJ and AG put up these numbers. DW will give better defense that is much needed. Look out BIG this season.
I agree. What we've seen so far in limited time is very encouraging, but I put a lot more stock in the last game ,which will be a real test.

Deleted member 746471

D
Are they playing 40 minute games? Or 15 minute quarters? The way they’re reporting quarterly scoring makes me think it’s a 60 minute game which accounts for the higher scoring and many more good questionpossessions per game.

Good question