Jerrance Howard Fined For Drug Offense

New York
Didn't keep JR from ending up in the Joint

This just in..JH's favorite restaurant, Mary Ann's has changed names to Mary Jane's.

I'm still trying to figure out why people (not you) would have an issue with it if he did? Why would Groce come out and admit that he does something that's legal?

This was about Howard, not Groce. I was merely pointing out that dipping is a much grosser and much worse decision from a health standpoint.

I went to see the play Nice Work If You Can Get It last night. It shows a bunch of uptight prohibitionists and how they screwed up the country with their Holier Than Thou anti-alcohol nonsense in the 20's.

I'm certain that in 10-15 years we will be looking back on people advocating for these ignorant laws that Howard broke the same way. Right now though, he made a bad decision, just not one that should get anyone fired or uptight about in my opinion.

This was about Howard, not Groce. I was merely pointing out that dipping is a much grosser and much worse decision from a health standpoint.

I went to see the play Nice Work If You Can Get It last night. It shows a bunch of uptight prohibitionists and how they screwed up the country with their Holier Than Thou anti-alcohol nonsense in the 20's.

I'm certain that in 10-15 years we will be looking back on people advocating for these ignorant laws that Howard broke the same way. Right now though, he made a bad decision, just not one that should get anyone fired or uptight about in my opinion.

But smoking pot is a much worse decision for a basketball coach to make as it is the one that is illegal with the law and with the NCAA.

Cesaroe

C-U Townie
But smoking pot is a much worse decision for a basketball coach to make as it is the one that is illegal with the law and with the NCAA.

+1
Just stupid for Jerrence to be caught with it.
Whether you agree with pot legalization or not Jerrence screwed up IMO.
Bet some boosters are calling for his head.

C-U Townie

I know too many poor people that spend a huge portion of their limited income on drugs to agree with the sentiment of weed being harmless long term. Hard to climb out of a hole when you're broke and wasted. I know I'm a fuddyduddy, but simple economics make drug use a big problem for the poor especially.

I know too many poor people that spend a huge portion of their limited income on drugs to agree with the sentiment of weed being harmless long term. Hard to climb out of a hole when you're broke and wasted. I know I'm a fuddyduddy, but simple economics make drug use a big problem for the poor especially.

Different thread needed for the discussion, but I would ask, "Do you feel the same way about alcohol?"

C-U Townie
Different thread needed for the discussion, but I would ask, "Do you feel the same way about alcohol?"

Yeah, I'm way OT.
But to answer your question IMO alcohol is complicated...some can handle alcohol and some can't, it's expensive, can have an opportunity cost, some is good, too much is bad...

Anyway sounds like most think Howard screwed up...

If your concern is for the economics of the poor, you might consider that the sole reason weed costs so much is that people have made it illegal. Make it legal and it would be free.

Parts Unknown
If your concern is for the economics of the poor, you might consider that the sole reason weed costs so much is that people have made it illegal. Make it legal and it would be free.

Free? I don't think that production greenhouses are popping up everywhere if there's no profit to be made.

Free? I don't think that production greenhouses are popping up everywhere if there's no profit to be made.

It's a weed. It's only expensive because it's so heavily regulated and limited in its growing range. Make it legal, and it would essentially be free. Nearly 100% of the costs are secondary to taxes and regulations.

C-U Townie

Nothing is free after our massively inefficient government touches it. :(
And besides, opportunity costs would be fairly staggering IMO. The poor need job skills to improve their lives, not free recreational drugs IMO.

Deleted member 3875

D
the word on the street in Peoria is that JH is interested in the head coaching job if it becomes available and would have been viewed as top candidate. not sure if this changes things. interesting timing (Ford on the brink of firing for BU) for this story to break considering that the offense occurred last summer.

Not happening now.

Gurnee, IL
I find it amusing that posters in their teens and twenties think they know more about the negative effects of frequent and/or long term effects of pot use than those of us who grew up in the seventies.

If someone can't stop even tho they know it will put a black mark on their career, they are not a good hire. Sorry if that is not PC.

the word on the street in Peoria is that JH is interested in the head coaching job if it becomes available and would have been viewed as top candidate. not sure if this changes things. interesting timing (Ford on the brink of firing for BU) for this story to break considering that the offense occurred last summer.

And now with the resignation of Cross, i would be shocked if Ford isn't fired. Jerrance really screwed up because regardless of who they choose for the new AD, his name would of been near the top of the list if not for the arrest IMO.