Josh Whitman Q&A: 'This is a big season'

Dan

Admin
Football has the biggest impact on the athletic department. So what does this 2018 football season mean to you after putting so much time and resources into revitalizing the program?

Whitman: “I think this is a big season. There’s no question that we’re looking for a strong step forward. We have every reason to expect that and celebrate that as it happens. It’s been fun to be around this team and to see them grow together throughout the summer months and during training camp..”

I’ve put my opinion on this knowing how everyone in the program feels. But national media continue to say Lovie Smith is on the hot seat. You’re his boss. What do you say to that? How do you react to that?

Whitman: “I think it’s ridiculous. I really do. I think that these people kind of live at the 30,000-foot level. I understand why they’re saying it because they don’t live here. They don’t take the time to really dig into the nuance of a program.."

https://247sports.com/college/illin...the-hot-seat-and-future-scheduling-121260638/