Kevin Anderson

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Anderson finally breaks Isner to go up 5-3 in the 3rd, only to be broken by Isner in the next game. Anderson up 5-4 in 3rd set with Isner getting ready to serve!

Anderson misses a great chance to close out the 3rd set!

illinifaninwi

DeForest, Wisconsin
Big servers hitting lots of aces and service winners at Wimbledon is nothing new. It can become like men's volleyball, where you have very few long rallies.

Two of the tallest guys on tour with huge serves. It may not be for everyone but this match is fantastic.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Anderson loses the 3rd set. Tough loss.

Was up 5-3 with the serve to close out the set and Isner broke him. Up 8-7 in the tiebreaker serving and double faulted set point away.

Time to dig deep and pull out these last two sets, KA!!!

He really has his work cut out for him now - no margin for error.

i would say that if he came back down two sets to Federer that he can come back from this, but it's a totally different match.

Against Federer, Kevin played with nothing to lose. I think he knows that he can beat Isner and the stakes involved and it's getting to him, mentally.

Last edited:

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
He really has his work cut out for him now.

i would say that if he came back down two sets to Federer that he can come back from this, but it's a totally different match.

Against Federer, Kevin played with nothing to lose. I think he knows that he can beat Isner and the stakes involved and it's getting to him, mentally.

He's played a pretty strong match. So is Isner. Just a very untimely double fault (only his 2nd), and he only has 9 unforced errors to Isner's 26. Isner is serving well though.

Needs to dig deep.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Anderson breaks Isner again in the 4th set, but then immediately gets broken by Isner in the next game.

Back on serve in the 4th set. 3-3

MoCoMdIllini

Montgomery County, Maryland
The TV in this establishment has the top and bottom cut off.

Where are we in the 4th now?

Edit: answered and asked? Thanks