Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

I've heard a couple talking heads on TV bring this up right after the news broke so...should the NBA have considered postponing games scheduled for today in the wake of this news?
No. That then becomes an honor that will immediately get twisted by political BS over who rates and who doesn't, thereby undermining the value of the sentiment for all. Nothing against Kobe. I liked the shot clock violations tribute mentioned upthread.

RIP Kobe.

Deleted member 29907

D
I've heard a couple talking heads on TV bring this up right after the news broke so...should the NBA have considered postponing games scheduled for today in the wake of this news?
Very sad news, but no, you don't postpone a bunch of games - many people/fans can't just alter plans, change already paid for travel, hotels, etc. for the games.

They can honor him with a moment of silence and some words at each game.

3 more names in the crash have been reportedly confirmed. A longtime baseball coach at a local community college (Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, CA) and his wife and daughter were also on board according to relatives.

DReq

Always Illini
Central Illinois
Just terrible news. He was a great athlete but also a great person and apparently a great dad. Such an awful loss for his family, the city of LA and the world as a whole. He will be missed. Thoughts for his wife and surviving daughters and all those who were close to him.