Kofi Cockburn declares for NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think Kofi's signature is, uh, interesting? Heh
1588006347302.png

Telling it like it is.
Only 3 of 9 outlets have Ayo even being drafted. I sure hope he sees reason and comes back. I think he would've increased his status with an NCAA run and in the combine, all of which were ripped from him. In any case, he has to follow his own path and I wish him the best of luck.

Kofi's brother said with the Civid issues, you can't wait when opportunity knocks and while that may be true, you do have to wait until opportunity actually knocks. You can't force it. Kofi is in no way ready for the pros. I hope he and his brother are smart and he comes back to school.

Kofi needs to be back. I don't mean he isn't an NBA player, but I am selfish and if he doesn't come back we stink next year. We don't have any bigs that are ready to step up and be that guy. I think Kofi is the most important piece of our puzzle going into next season. He really likes the idea of playing pro...more than most want to believe. I always laugh because the joke is always used, but we may start 5 guards next season. I mean, GB is a great kid, but he stunk last season.
kofi.jpg

illini55

The Villages, FL
Kofi needs to be back. I don't mean he isn't an NBA player, but I am selfish and if he doesn't come back we stink next year. We don't have any bigs that are ready to step up and be that guy. I think Kofi is the most important piece of our puzzle going into next season. He really likes the idea of playing pro...more than most want to believe. I always laugh because the joke is always used, but we may start 5 guards next season. I mean, GB is a great kid, but he stunk last season.
View attachment 5986
I think your comment is WAY too harsh. Yes, GB is not the stretch four that we hoped for, but he played a very effective five in his freshman year. If he's forced to do it again, I think he'll do it well. Everyone wants Kofi back, of course, but with four solid guards and GB, we'll be more than OK.

I think your comment is WAY too harsh. Yes, GB is not the stretch four that we hoped for, but he played a very effective five in his freshman year. If he's forced to do it again, I think he'll do it well. Everyone wants Kofi back, of course, but with four solid guards and GB, we'll be more than OK.
Giorgi will do fine offensively, but rebounding and defense will suffer greatly without Kofi. If Ben or Cole are ready to play we will still be pretty good but far short of where we would be with Kofi IMO.

DB11Headband

Chicago Burbs
View attachment 5986
My money is still on Kofi returning, but he unfortunately is becoming more enamored with the thought of going pro. It’s trending towards a true toss-up.

View attachment 5986
No way, no how Kofi is an NBA player at this point. Down the road, I believe he will be. But now, he's not even on most folks top 100 lists.

Both Ayo and Kofi recommend to go back to school by a "NBA executive"

the quotes are interesting:
Ayo Dosunmu, 6-5, 185, PG, So., Illinois | “He needs to go back. He’s got negative momentum. And without workouts, I think he could wind up maybe going undrafted.” – NBA executive

Kofi Cockburn, 7-0, 290, C, Fr., Illinois | “He’s a monster, but he should go back to school. He may get drafted, but it’s a toss-up. He needs another year in college.” – NBA executive

the quotes are interesting:
Ayo Dosunmu, 6-5, 185, PG, So., Illinois | “He needs to go back. He’s got negative momentum. And without workouts, I think he could wind up maybe going undrafted.” – NBA executive

Kofi Cockburn, 7-0, 290, C, Fr., Illinois | “He’s a monster, but he should go back to school. He may get drafted, but it’s a toss-up. He needs another year in college.” – NBA executive

Very puzzling what Ayo's negative momentum could be...

201154JC

Rockford, IL
Very puzzling what Ayo's negative momentum could be...
It just shows that outside the BIG our guys are just not known that well. The national exposure we would have received in the
tournament really would have helped Ayo. Plus, an outstanding BIG tourney couldn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.