Leron Black to pursue professional career

Even though we pretty much all knew this was coming, this really hurts, especially for our record next year.

Thank you Leron, it was fun to watch your tough, gritty style...

I can't fault him for leaving, his stats would never be greater than they were this year.

Deleted member 29907

D
well, then there's that. I blame the fiancee - women - geesh... :)

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
It's a bummer, but I think we all knew this was coming. I just hope we get Trice to fill the void...not that he can replace everything Leron gave us.

Good Luck Leron. Thanks for the good times.

Would have loved to have him back, but, glad he let us know - what I consider to be - early in the recruiting process.

No way to say it other than it is absolutely the right thing for Leron to do and it stinks for this team next year. Realistically even with Leron, getting to the tournament next year was going to be a stretch. Would have required a lot of growth from the young players and a really good freshman season from Ayo. The bright side is it opens a spot for another young player to come in and gain some experience. Calling a 5 seed in 2020! Stay patient everyone.

CAIllini

West Coast
Ouch...that stings, but best of luck to Leron who I hope excels in his pro career.

CAIllini

West Coast
So we're pretty much guaranteed now to be picked last in the B10?

Deleted member 14522

D
Good luck Leron. I really enjoyed watching him progress as a player this year. I will always remember his Braggin Rights game this year, best game I watched of him live.. I hope he does well overseas playing professionally and has a great career that will support he and his family!

Kostas

Naperville, IL
Good luck Leron! Hopefully you end up at my favorite Euro team (Olympiakos) and I can continue to root for you!

sacraig

The desert
Best of luck to Leron. I'd love to have him back but if the advice he's been given shows this was the best decision for him, his family, and his career, then I'm glad he made it.

Deleted member 14522

D
Opens up another scholarship, now staff can recruit to life without Leron. This team is undergoing a massive transformation. Will be interesting to see how things go next year. I really hope we can land one of Jones or Ramey. Plenty of opportunity for a freshman to get lots of playing time.

Leron has fulfilled all of his obligations to the Universit. He got his degree. He played his guts out. Playing overseas versus here next year won’t materially effect his chances of eventually playing in the NBA.

He has a chance to make money right now and a new family to support.

I don’t see how anyone could not understand and support his decision. I do, and I wish him nothing but the best.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Congrats Leron!

The sky is still up there.

Hoping now Musselman gets a new job, but somewhere Caroline doesn't want to be and he miraculously ends up in Champaign.

Frank Dux

Hong Kong
Good luck Leron...you were an absolute beast for us thanks for the good times!!!!

Deleted member 29907

D
Wish Matic would stay and have a huge jump Fr -> So year.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
well, then there's that. I blame the fiancee - women - geesh... :)

Now that it's been confirmed that both of them are graduating in May, this is absolutely the right decision for Leron. Sucks for our team, but we'll survive. Leron gave it his all both in the classroom and on the court. Can't ask for anything else.

Wish Leron & his family the best.

Honestly glad that the decision has been made vs wavering on the fence in to April or May.