Leron Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilphotog

The camera never lies
Champaign
Some clarity on Leron Black. He is exploring his option to turn pro. But he IS leaving the option open to return to school for his 5th year. Not hiring an agent right now. #Illini
https://twitter.com/RyanBakerMedia/status/972286212806455296

--------------------------------------------------------
Looks like Black is leaving.

Last edited by a moderator:

ilphotog

The camera never lies
Champaign
Eric Schmidt
5 mins · Lemont ·
Breaking news for Illini fans...Leron Black informed the coaching staff of his intention to forego his final year of eligibility and test the pro waters. Hasn’t signed with an agent yet but intends to do so.
https://twitter.com/ESchmidtChicago/status/972256465380691969

Eric Schmidt
5 mins · Lemont ·
Breaking news for Illini fans...Leron Black informed the coaching staff of his intention to forego his final year of eligibility and test the pro waters. Hasn’t signed with an agent yet but intends to do so.
https://twitter.com/ESchmidtChicago/status/972256465380691969

Well if finally confirmed and reported, this is a serious blow to the school and the program with what we had rolling.

Good Luck to Leron, wish him the best, he recovered from a shaky beginning and made himself into a player most will want. Kudo's for him.:chief:

Jones/Trice/Taylor....decommitted wing? We got next!

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Black: major bummer, but I fully understand why. Good luck, Leron!

EJ33

San Francisco
And now Joe Henricksen retweeted:

Been in the works since season ended and would be a big loss indeed. But a chance to get a jump-start on overseas career ...

EJ33

San Francisco
I think it's expected that he'll apply for the draft. The issue as I understand it is whether or not he hires an agent.

This would be awful news. Leron was eating the league alive, and was still in the process of improving all season long.

Hope Leron has a successful career overseas if he ultimately decides to go now. I’ll miss his ability to score. I won’t miss his lack of making any difference on defense or rebounding.
He’s had such a great year offensively, he has nothing much left to prove from that aspect.
We’ll all miss you, Leron. (If going pro is your final choice)

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
I think it's expected that he'll apply for the draft. The issue as I understand it is whether or not he hires an agent.

The draft is a giant no op. Black is NOT getting drafted. If he can secure a reasonably good gig with a Euro club, he's gone, plain and simple. Now, what constitutes reasonably good is unknown. One can assume that feelers have been put out to Euro teams without an official agent agreement being signed.

Seeing Europe as a newlywed is a pretty good gig while getting others to pony up in a big way.

That said Europe will be lukewarm imo, Black had a hell of year, unfortunately, there are many players with same skill set and better in certain situations already there.

Cannot see an avenue that would put him there for any substantial $$$ offer, which puts him back with us one more year.

Epsilon

M tipping over
Pdx
FWIW if he ever could get into the League, it would be a good thing for recruiting.

Deleted member 8632

D
Looks like Tyler Cook is testing the waters as well

He's making the right choice. There's nothing wrong with wanting to go pro after earning a degree, even with remaining eligibility.

In 30 years he'll probably wish he went to school one more year...I know I do!

Status
Not open for further replies.